Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have measurable track record in building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results with mid to large sized organisations in NSW? Are you passionate about new technologies, and looking to join a fast-growing, dynamic organisation?
We are hiring a Commercial Account Manager to join our NSW based team. Our business is growing with great opportunity to scale. Working with our Splunk partner community, a key focus of this role is to drive net new business and to help customers expand their use of the platform to realise additional value.
You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk within the Commercial Sector.
Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Identify, qualify and manage to close opportunities for Splunk to help our customers solve business challenges
- Consistently deliver cloud and software revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Non-Named Account penetration, account planning and opportunity management.
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment.
- Effective use of Sales Engineering, in-house and partner services resources, and our sales methodology and processes.
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness
- Collaborate with both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Extensive, +6 years experience of direct New Business Account Management, selling into Commercial and Enterprise accounts is essential.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite: you have a record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals. You have the ability to grow and scale upward with the company; first line management experience a plus.
- Strong executive presence and polish, with extraordinary management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment while being able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Passion: Our customers are very passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our sales team. We believe that you should be passionate about the projects you work on.
- High growth mindset with focus on scale
- Desire to Learn and Adapt: You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Experience in using CRM systems (Salesforce.com)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.