Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to add a Cloud Solutions Engineer to our Fulfillment Operations and Engineering team to support our Technical Vendor Management function. This role is for you if you possess a blend of technical skills and system knowledge and are attentive to detail, possess critical thinking, and have a passion for frictionless systems. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
As a Cloud Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining the cloud services provided to Splunk by our Cloud Vendors, particularly our Cloud Service Providers. Additionally, you will also work with the end-users and their management to automate and improve the tools used to integrate with these services.
- Automate Day to Day Processes
- Generate the system designs to deploy and automate everyday operations. This includes run-the-business usage of Cloud Service Providers and Cloud Capacity Management.
- Create, implement, and assist in the ideation and development of terraform or similar IaC (infrastructure as a code) scripts to develop and support small applications.
- Develop and maintain a continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipeline using industry standard tools like GitLab or GitHub.
- Engage in developing and executing end of life activities for cloud service providers’ products and services.
- Own the Cloud Service Provider Organizational Set-Up for Splunk Cloud
- Responsible for the configuration and setup of multiple cloud service provider accounts as well as developing a clean-up process for the same e.g.: AWS Account lifecycle management.
- Own the end-to-end process of enabling new architectures by architecting technology solutions and implementing them by collaborating with stakeholders.
- Be the Technical SME for the Technical Vendor Management Team within Engineering
- Engage with different software vendors to help integrate them into Splunk Cloud, understanding Splunk’s engineering integrations with third-part tools.
- Act as a validation and quality assurance expert and review the functionality and performance of existing systems and solutions.
- Participate in some phases of the performance testing lifecycle to evaluate cloud services.
- Ensure Security & SOP Best Practices
- Develop and implement the right practices to maintain account and region security, following similar compliance standards as industry verticals.
- Document the cloud infrastructure and the processes used to deploy and manage applications and services.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of experience in I.T. and enterprise architecture in the public cloud (AWS required, GCP preferred).
- Certified on AWS Cloud Architecture or similar (preferred).
- Strong understanding of multi-cloud integration architecture and platforms, observability design, resiliency, and cloud security.
- You come from a programming background using Infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools and languages like Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation, JSON, Python, Go, or Ruby.
- Ability to integrate and automate an organization’s IT system processes.
- Knowledge of cloud security principles to protect cloud data from unauthorized users and malicious hackers.
- Familiarity with Security and Compliance requirements for industry verticals,
- Basic business skills to aid organizations in developing cloud-based solutions for business requirements.
- Understand applications including the underlying architecture and technology stack to recommend appropriate strategies and ensure the system performance is within defined SLAs.
- Understanding of Performance Engineering, profiling and tuning experience.
- Ability to easily navigate highly technical SaaS deployments.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Experience in creating and communicating technical requirements and solutions to business stakeholders.
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies.
- You have the ability to self-train quickly and pick up new skills as necessary.
- You have good interpersonal skills and enjoy new challenges.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, operations, IT and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $147,200.00 - 202,400.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $132,000.00 - 181,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $124,000.00 - 170,500.00 per year