Cloud Solutions Architect, Sales Engineering, North America
Pre-Sales Cloud Solutions Architects are domain experts on the Splunk Cloud services, cloud service providers (CSPs), and operationalizing data from cloud services. As one of Splunk’s senior-most technical pre-sales resources, you will be a key participant in securing the technical win on strategic and complex opportunities.
In this role, customer interactions cover a wide range of engagements. Some examples include aligning new use-cases to product roadmaps, designing future-state architectures, presenting to CxOs, and acting as an authority on particular technical guidance.
You’ll be joining a pre-sales overlay team of technical experts who leverage their diverse technical backgrounds to help customers design solutions at scale. The Solution Architect team is a highly distributed, remote team of experts residing across four across different time zones.
A successful Cloud Solutions Architect will not only maintain a deep technical understanding of cloud products and services, but also build cross-functional relationships, and create collateral to build scale and impact Splunk’s rapid growth rate.
- Serve as the highest-level technical escalation in support of Splunk Cloud services, and cloud-related pre-sales efforts for North American sales teams
- Guide customers through best practices and root cause analysis of the most complex technology challenges -- This may include building test environments and experiments, establishing ad-hoc teams of experts, and/or collaborating with Product Management and Engineering
- Influence product capabilities and direction based on crosscutting customer challenges and needs
- Act as an internal technical expert, fielding questions related to Splunk Cloud services, and cloud services provided by Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services
- Develop and deliver technical content for internal and external audiences to advance sales stages and/or provide high-impact marketing at events such as Splunk’s annual user conference, .CONF
- Maintain and extend personal expertise related to evolving and newly-emerging technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk
- Operate as a self-starter who is driven by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win
Key Candidate Differentiators:
- 7+ years of experience in a senior technical pre-sales and/or delivery capacity
- 3+ years of experience architecting data platforms, with preference to Splunk Enterprise
- 3+ year of experience working with a CSP IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Possess deep knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform service; certifications a plus
- Experience operationalizing cloud services data for operational use-cases
- Experience creating and presenting technical content for large and diverse audiences, including CxOs
- Expertise in at least one scripting language (Python, bash, etc.) is highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (e.g., computer science, electrical engineering, information systems, or similar) -- exceptionally well-qualified candidates with equivalent experience will be considered
Ability to travel up to 25% (when/where public health conditions allow due to COVID-19)
United States, Continental U.S.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.