***Follow the Sun Model, 4 x 10's from Wednesday - Saturday Shift***
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Cloud organization at Splunk focuses on building and maintaining robust and resilient platform solutions for SaaS hosting of Splunk’s enterprise software. Our main technologies are Cloud Infrastructure based, focusing on puppet and terraform. The TechOps SRE team is globally distributed with teams based in SF, Plano, Sydney, and London.
The TechOps SRE team works closely with our Support and Software engineering teams so you’ll have plenty of chances to interact with and learn from other teams across the business as well as your direct colleagues on the other SRE teams.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help maintain, contribute to and improve the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working with providers and supporting the infrastructure that powers Splunk’s cloud offering.
- You have operational experience at scale. You have had hands on roles that deal with operating systems in depth (particularly Linux), monitoring systems (including Splunk), Cloud technologies, and networking. Your previous job titles might be something close to systems admin, network engineer, or DevOps engineer.
- You’re passionate about your work. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. You should enjoy actively being responsible for your work and be excited about your projects.
- You love large complex systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale. You're interested in how to bring something from a small one off task to how to implement it across several thousand machines at once.
- You have some development skills. We have code in several languages, ranging from Python to Golang. We don’t expect you to be a software engineer but you should be familiar with basic programming and understand concepts like input sanitization and unit testing.
- “How can I automate this process?” is a question you constantly ask yourself.
- Data drives your decisions and excites you. You make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- You care about monitoring. Shipping code often and getting useful feedback excites you and you’re not worried about changing direction when a solution isn’t working as expected.
What We Provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of awesome, capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work in an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Honesty and collaboration are values we see as a core of our team identity. We understand the value in open communication—working together to get things done, and to adapt to the changing needs of the team and individuals. This is reflected in both our internal communications and also in how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We're not expecting people to work 12-hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too and welcome work-from-home days. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun! Work doesn’t have to always be about working. We organize frequent team lunches and other optional team building events to help you get to know other members in a more relaxed environment.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience; or 3 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a Ph.D. without experience; or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.