As part of Splunk's Cloud-First mission, Cloud Security is responsible for the overall security posture and the improvement of security services operating in our cloud environments. We are security and software engineers who engage with product and infrastructure teams at every level, helping seek out and resolve security challenges. Our goal is to make Splunk's production environments more secure and enable security to be transparent and less cognitively demanding for Splunk's service owners.
- Build reusable, testable, scalable, and efficient Python/Go-based security automation that improve daily operations of Splunk Cloud.
- Extend existing security services and platforms to enhance parter capabilities.
- Enable partner teams by training and mentoring on security subjects and on opportunities to optimize secure automation.
- Identify use cases that can be built with existing tools and services to improve both security automation and posture.
- This role also includes supporting the definition of requirements that enable innovative integrations and solutions.
- Collaborate on the evaluation and test solutions with the intent of improving Splunk Cloud’s overall risk posture.
- Proficient development and automation skills, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies. Technologies include: Go, Python, Ruby, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, or Cloud Formation
- A strong foundation in the deployment of a wide range of security solutions. Experience in Linux and cloud-based infrastructure is required.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess problems and requests from multiple perspectives, analyze approach feasibility, and decide on the efficient course of action
- 5+ years of software engineering and/or site reliability engineering experience, including experience in Cloud provider-focused environments (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Strong ability to communicate data, facts, and analysis of technical subject matter
- This is a FULLY REMOTE, US-based position. We encourage applicants anywhere in the US! You must be a US Citizen working on US soil to be considered
You Might Have:
- Familiarity with DevOps tools, including Kubernetes, CI/CD, and/or Git
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with multiple Cloud providers
- Experience CIS, GDPR, PCI and/or FedRAMP compliance regulations
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.