Cloud Ops Change Manager
Join us on the Splunk Change Management Team, working on our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone! As one of our Change Managers, you will be handling changes for our customers by working closely with customer support, site reliability engineering and other cloud teams as appropriate. You are responsible for ensuring changes are scheduled in a timely and accurate manner as well as reporting progress in daily review meetings. More specifically, you are the sanity check and a safety valve for the dynamic cloud platform. You are empowered to take risks, understanding the consequences and instill a sense of accountability amongst partner teams. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering with global customer support and SRE teams to ensure process compliance and clear definition of requested customer changes.
- Constantly seeking opportunities for process improvement, documenting process changes and communicating these to the wider team.
- Frequent contact with/from customers, account teams, customer support, ops/SRE, product management, professional services, Customer Success Managers, Sales Engineers and Exec Management.
- Taking care of high priority/urgent scheduling changes.
- Coordinating the various schedules -- release, production changes, project timelines, etc.
- Providing daily metrics/status for environment and project health.
- Conduct trend analyses to identify potential points of service failure, launching service improvement actions that provide solutions to the perceived exposure.
- Participate in weekly CAB meetings.
- Provide guidance and assistance in classifying changes & in identifying risks to the environment
- Act as point of contact for all IT changes, providing support teams with the tools they need to submit, update, approve and implement as quickly as possible
- You love to wear multiple hats and keeping all the plates spinning.
- You are an excellent reader of people and culture and you enjoy building partnerships to make things happen.
- Highly functional in a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- You are strong communicator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- You have 3-5 years in fast paced Cloud environment supporting both customers requested changes and infrastructure changes.
- You have strong ITIL process management experience, including documentation, specifically focused on change management
- You have familiarity with all other ITIL processes that support the change management process.
- You have experience with Jira and Salesforce
- You are familiar with AWS and Splunk
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.