Want to work in a dynamic environment with the latest cloud technologies? Want to learn Splunk from the inside and
grow your career in exciting ways? Splunk Cloud is looking for self-starting individuals to be a part of the Splunk>Cloud Network Operations Center (CNOC).
Splunk CNOC manages incidents that affect the availability and performance of Splunk>Cloud service for our customers
Globally. The Splunk CNOC is an always-on / always-active team making sure that each of our customers has an outstanding experience.
We’re looking for an Incident Commander to join our team in supporting and supervising our ever-expanding Cloud platform.
● Use the Splunk Incident Management System (SIMS) to restore normal service operations as quickly as
possible to minimize impact to Customer business operations
● Proactively respond to drops in microservice levels, and escalate as needed
● Assemble the response team, which includes the incident owner, problem owner, and other professionals in the specified area of expertise
● Establish accurate expectations from response procedures to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the process
● Supervise, manage, and guide peers during incidents fully to ensure accurate information is captured
● Assemble and lead conference calls for diagnosis and remediation of customer impacting outages
● Craft clear and concise Problem Statements, Status Reports, and Final Summaries able to be easily understood by Engineers and Executives
● Coordinate Unified Command for Multi-Bridge and breakout-room Incidents
● Attend Customer Calls when needed
● Provide Incident Commander responsibilities, run post incident reviews, and assigns and follows through with action plans
● Keep vendors on track for deliverables to Splunk in 3rd-party incidents
● Write Customer-facing communications in partnership with Customer Success
● Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with multiple cross-functional partners across
Splunk to improve the team's efficiency and ability to deliver on sophisticated tasks that have broad impact
● Lead process improvements and improved operational efficiencies
● Participate in team meetings, discussions, leads trainings, as well as give and seek out feedback Qualifications:
● You have a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of major incident response and management experience or equivalent work experience
● Knowledge of incident management frameworks (eg. ITIL)
● You understand multi-functional teams and are able to speak across organizations to drive influence
● You enjoy problem solving and analyzing global-scale distributed systems
● You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
● Don’t shy away from conflict, can influence at most levels and can work in stressful situations
● You have a strong attention to detail
● Participate in on-call rotations for some business use cases
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.