Data Center Technician
Want to work in a dynamic environment working with the latest cloud technologies? Want to learn tools like Splunk from the inside and grow your career in exciting ways? Splunk Cloud is looking for self-starting engineers to be a part of the Cloud Network Operations Center (CNOC). The responsibility of the Splunk CNOC to monitor and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of Splunk for our cloud customers. As the authority on our customer’s experience, the CNOC is the frontline of defense in making sure each of our customers has an extraordinary experience.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking engineer to join our team in supporting and monitoring our ever-expanding Cloud platform.
- Provide 24/7 support & incident management.
- Participate in on-call support, ensuring stability and performance of production environments.
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Respond to monitoring alerts according to defined playbooks and procedures.
- Participate in Post Incident Reviews and discussions.
- Build effective working relationships with cross-functional team members
- Make suggestions for process improvements and enhanced operational efficiencies.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Systems Administration in a cloud environment
- You have 1+ years in incident response and major incident management.
- You’re experienced using Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- You are capable of technical deep-dives into code and operating systems
- You enjoy problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
- You are collaborative with extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills.
- You remain calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage
- You demonstrate attention to detail, follow through, and ability to prioritize quickly
- Experience using Splunk to identify operational issues is a plus.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.