Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a member of the Business Transformation team at Splunk, you will help to develop and lead change management programs to ensure we realize successful outcomes to our key strategic initiatives allowing us to position the company for continued high growth.
In this role, you will manage change management of a program within our portfolio to support large scale business transformation initiatives. You will also be responsible for designing and handling dynamic change and enablement programs, acting as a trusted advisor to our business partners, and working to ensure program adoption goals are met.
We are looking for a fun, creative thinker that possesses broad knowledge and expertise in change management and organizational behavior frameworks, communication strategies, adoption tracking, enablement practices, execution capabilities, and training design.
If you have deep knowledge in Organizational Change Management in a SaaS environment and are excited about bringing that expertise into Splunk, then this role if for you. Do what you love, alongside Splunkers who are just as passionate as you are! If you want to see the impact of your work and be an integral piece of our growing Business Transformation team, what are you waiting for? Apply today.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Craft and implement change management frameworks (process, tools and techniques) to “engineer” the people-side of change processes, to achieve successful execution of strategic initiatives
- Develop change management programs and roadmaps to ensure adoption
- Lead the development of a communications framework, strategy, and operating rhythm for communicating with all internal stakeholders including, but not limited to, executive staff, senior management, project teams, business unit partners and employees.
- Perform change readiness assessments
- Develop partner engagement and management plans, including handling a feedback loop to identify gaps and introduce plans to address and mitigate issues
- Build relationships and deliver results for diverse audiences including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Partners, Professional Services, IT, etc
- Develop approaches and strategies for training and leading the enablement plan and delivery
- Partner closely with Program and Track leads to ensure tight interlock to their deliverables and the change plan
- Ability to help drive program change management success by defining strategic roadmap and tactical plan (included how to delegate relevant activities to change management team members when appropriate)
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Expertise of change management principles, methodologies, tools and best practices
- 5+ years of experience in using global standard change management processes and tools to create communications and change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and business benefits.
- Background in measuring adoption to define change management progress, future planning, and success
- Experience working in a global and matrixed organization in the technology industry, with insight and sensitivity to cultural influences
- Participation in major business transformation and technology implementation engagements (e.g., global ERP, shared services/outsourcing, business process re-engineering, merger integration, etc.)
- Hands-on project experience in the areas of communication and training
- Strong business acumen and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's Degree – in Business Administration, Communications, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Psychology, Journalism, Human Resources or related discipline
- Post-graduate or professional degrees preferred (MBA a plus)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.