Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? We seek talent who will establish and execute on a list of major existing and new programs. This is a highly transparent, collaborative position based in our McLean, VA office.
You will map agency’s major programs to Splunk capabilities, influence pipeline and create long-term revenue for our Public Sector team. You work closely with our sales organization in a fast-paced environment facilitating harmonious account and opportunity development. The position will require travel as you will create awareness within the Government, work with Integrator BD and Capture teams, and provide thought leadership in the mission space. You possess outstanding verbal and written interpersonal skills and you are dedicated to learning as much as you can about Splunk and building your business insight to be able to articulate the value proposition that our clients experience with Splunk.
Role and Responsibility:
- Work with Splunk leadership and Program Executives promoting Splunk , positioning Splunk on large funded DoD IT Mission programs by proving them with "world-class" experience.
- You are fluent in Federal program development, budgeting and acquisition processes.
- You will work closely with our Program Capture resources and be the focal point of contact Federal Systems Integrators as they engage in Program bids or with their Program Managers
- Aggressively work to improve program oriented sales pipeline potential and create a positive first impression.
- Communicate masterfully with Integrators on products and service offerings.
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects and increase awareness in.
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills.
- Keep up to date on major government programs and map Splunk to solution requirements
- Keep a keen eye on competition, high-reaching issues and products.
- Drive success by participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, proposals, reports, and price quotations.
- Conduct contract negotiations.
- 7+ years in the Government, in the mission, program or acquisition space DoD OR 10+ years direct selling/business development experience selling IT infrastructure solutions and Services to DoD in the program arena. Experience serving in one or more management positions is helpful.
- A passion for improving Government, a high interest in the impact of analytics.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of managing large IT programs through the acquisition process.
- Strong executive presence and polish
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Extraordinary, social, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
Education and experience requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.