Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Reporting to the Head of Technology Products and Services Sourcing you will use the skills and experiences that you have collected over your life and career to contribute to a growing team seeking to be better or do things better. You will be a key contributor to the team.
As the Category Manager, SaaS/Software - Corporate IT, you will lead and be responsible for supporting our Corporate IT business partner for their Software requirements. You will be instrumental in developing our relationship and growing our influence through improved negotiation strategies, life cycle and contract management of supplier relationships, you’ll cultivate deep interactions with our Engineers to develop and deliver successful outcomes
- Opportunity to join a new exciting team from the ground up and influence the processes and policies as the team grows underneath you in size and influence
- Be a force for change and implement standardized processes globally
- Knowledge of working with a wide range of software publishers and related services
- Proven experience of leading negotiations with at least two of the following companies; Microsoft, Salesforce, SAP, Workday, IBM, Google (G-Suite)
- Ability to mitigate risk and operationalize contracts through thorough appreciation of business use
- Takes on leadership responsibility for relevant supplier relationships by implementing business reviews and other oversight and governance appropriate to the relationship
- Defines, develop and implements a three (3) year strategic sourcing/resource plan for respective sourcing category with the goal of maturing the function through modernization and industrialization of processes and procedures
- Lead contract and commercial negotiations including drafting of documentation in consultation with Legal, InfoSec, and Privacy teams.
- Draft RFx document
- Prepare and present risk profiles and financial analysis
- Achievement of savings and non-financial targets for sourcing portfolio
- Minimum 8 years sourcing experience with 5 years focused on software sourcing
- Proven track record to lead, motivate and develop suppliers globally.
- Ability to work within a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Sourcing and Contract management in accordance with the laws and regulations of California & New York with appreciation of EU.
- Consistent track record of developing and leading global vendor relationships
- Demonstrates project management skills on large spend sourcing initiatives
- Detailed understanding of software products
- Consistent record of delivering savings through better leveraging, contracting structure, relationship development and process efficiencies
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Supply Chain Management (or equivalent).
- 8 years of related work experience.
- Scout, Ariba, advanced Excel or equivalent.
- “Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.”
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.