Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Our Splunk Family are a focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
As a strategist, pragmatist, and innovative thinker within our Strategic Advisory Group, the Business Value Advisor will develop and execute strategies that build pipeline opportunities, and drive growth within the assigned theater. The BVA will establish data-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of data at a strategic, operational, and organisational level. Leveraging the Data-to-Everything Platform, the BVA is responsible for collaborating, shaping and leading activities throughout the engagement lifecycle, with opportunities to influence and shape the impact data has on the world. As a senior influencer, you will work with the sales management teams to develop account strategies and assist in determining multi-year plans to expand Splunk's portfolio across the key buying centers and into the lines of business. Strategic priorities and execution will be governed by the customer’s business imperatives and mapped to Splunk's capabilities across the portfolio to meet and exceed the customer’s desired outcomes. You will also partner with our sales leaders to drive the operational cadence, advise on critical accounts and opportunities, and help in the preparation of content to include sales campaigns, deal framing, pricing structure, and negotiation strategies.
- Ensure customer success
- Proactively assists with the framing of deal “psychology” within an account
- Be a credible trusted advisor at the C-Level and align the customer’s strategic imperatives endorsed by the Executive Buyer
- Research and communicate insightful, fresh messages relating to our clients and colleagues such that you establish trust and contribute to thought leadership
- Build an economic foundation to support business cases
- Achieve our data-to-everything (D2E) vision
- Reduce year-to-year renewal risk
- Participate in AVP forecast calls with customer centric data
- Drive deal strategy, planning, and review sessions
- Define, build, and execute transformation programs and 3-year value programs in the accounts
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch presentations and executive client meetings
- Research and derive insight from a wide variety of client materials, interviews, external sources, analytics and data sources to build a hypothesis to support a (business background) viewpoint
- Shape and lead innovative and pragmatic customer engagements that translate outputs from discovery, design and delivery into data transformative solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams (including Sales, pre-sales, Customer Success, Industry Specialists, Technology and Marketing Teams) to co-create a compelling case for change
- Create simple clarity for the sales team and the client through visual storytelling
- Work with AVP level regional sales leadership to define Splunk positioning in the account including expected revenue to increase Splunk’s share of wallet
- Execute internal & external consultative workshops to discover the business initiatives, goals, and strategies of our most strategic customers
- Enjoys the art of storytelling to frame solutions and possess exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience in Cloud (SaaS) innovation and transformation consulting with a passion for data and the impact this has on value creation
- Experience driving and executing 7 & 8 figure software sales/SaaS deals and references to prove success
- Success with development & refinement of multi-year adoption strategy & construction of a comprehensive business case
- Has a broad experienced business and strategy consulting background, with strong business acumen and proven knowledge of business strategy, business case creation, design thinking, and experimentation/agile organizations
- Has a “swiss army knife” approach to solving problems; as comfortable in design thinking as using spreadsheets
- Is comfortable leading the communication of discovery findings, conceptual ideas, north star visions, and strategic rationale both verbally and visually
- Can facilitate, navigate and guide a team through the complexities of engagements and manage political dynamics
- Experienced with senior executive engagement and cross-functional team leadership both internally and externally
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and navigating multiple stakeholders and their disparate needs
- Comfortable being uncomfortable in a fast moving, hyper growth sales environment
Desired (nice to have)
- Experience with an iACV comp model
- Has had some experience with Splunk (hint: free trial at www.splunk.com)
- Know what Splunk is
- 10+ years of selling enterprise SaaS experience combined with leading SaaS sales teams (2nd line experience a plus)
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.