Business Value Advisor
As a strategist, pragmatist, and innovative thinker within our Strategic Advisory Group, the Business Value Advisor will develop and execute strategies that build pipeline opportunities, drive growth, and elevate impact with a focus on UK business. You will establish data-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of data at a strategic, operational, and organisational level.
As a Business Value Advisor, you will be responsible for collaborating, shaping and leading activities throughout the engagement lifecycle, with opportunities to influence and shape the impact data has on the world. As a senior influencer you will work with the sales management teams to develop account strategies and assist in determining multi-year plans to expand Splunk's portfolio across lines of business. You will also partner with Splunk regional leadership to drive the operational cadence, consult on critical accounts and opportunities, and assist in the preparation of content including sales campaigns, deal framing, pricing structure, and negotiation strategies.
Assists with the framing of deal “psychology” within an account
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch presentations and executive client meetings
- Research and derive insight from a wide variety of client materials, interviews, external sources, analytics and data sources to build a hypothesis to support a (business background) viewpoint.
- Research and communicate insightful, fresh messages relating to our clients and colleagues such that you establish trust and contribute to thought leadership
- Shape and lead innovative and pragmatic customer engagements that translate outputs from discovery, discovery, design and delivery into data transformative solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams (including Sales, pre-sales, Customer Success, Industry Specialists, Technology and Marketing Teams) to co-create a compelling case for change
- Apply strategic thinking to shape understanding and architect value cases that underpin and inform commercial decision making
- Create simple clarity for the sales team and the client through visual storytelling
- Assume responsibility for the overall quality of the customer-facing work
- Work with AVP level regional sales leadership to define Splunk positioning in the account including expected revenue to increase Splunk’s share of wallet
- Drive analysis and innovation to identify, quantify, and shape new growth propositions, earning a seat at the C-Level table
An ideal candidate...
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS innovation/transformation consulting with a passion for data and the impact this has on value creation
- Has a broad experienced business and strategy consulting background, with strong business acumen and proven knowledge of business strategy, business case creation, design thinking, and experimentation/agile organizations
- Has experience of across Public Sector and commercial enterprises
- Has a “swiss army knife” approach to solving problems. As comfortable in design thinking as using spreadsheets
- Enjoys the art of storytelling to frame solutions.
- Is comfortable leading the communication of discovery findings, conceptual ideas, north star visions, and strategic rationale both verbally and visually.
- Can navigate and guide a team through the complexities of engagements
- Is comfortable with senior executive engagement and cross-functional team leadership both internally and externally
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and navigating multiple stakeholders and their disparate needs
- Displays exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills,
- Displays strong facilitation skills with an ability to balance conversation in mixed groups and manage political dynamics
- Ability to balance bandwidth across multiple engagements
- Experience in a fast moving, high growth sales environment
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!