Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful operations, and a truth seeker using data? Splunk is looking for a Business Process Mining Analyst to join its dynamic Global Business Operations (GBO) team to boost Spunk’s fast-growing business. The GBO team ensures data-driven decision-making and operations scaling throughout the company. As a member of the team, you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical, and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And most importantly, you are an individual who wonders "What if?" and are relentless in seeking out the solution.
This individual will play an impactful role in how we “bring data to everything” with expertise and passion to help scale Splunk teams and the business across the globe. The individual's knowledge of data, along with business context, will enable in providing impactful analysis to ensure our GBO organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data-backed decisions.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- Work with technology and business partners across different business functions to understand their front to back-end business processes & data architectures, identify inefficiencies and opportunities for automation, apply process engineering & automation methodologies
- Own the evaluation, design, implementation of technologies using execution management, process mining, & process optimization
- Perform business process analysis using process mining tools to build process maps, identify process variants & bottlenecks, and come up with meaningful insights about the process
- Build data models, customer-specific dashboards, and analysis to enable data-driven process impact assessment and recommendations for process optimization through use of enterprise modeling capabilities including but not limited to Process Mining
- Use strong technical focus and proven experience of architecting technology solutions along with deep business knowledge to realize tangible business benefits through adopting the data strategy and architecture principles
- Build metrics & key indicators to measure and monitor current process performance as well as ongoing improvements
- Build business cases and value calculations, using industry benchmarks and standard methodologies
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and am independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive on combining thorough data-driven analysis, strong business and product judgment, and an ability to work well across teams to solve complex problems, and have done so at a fast-growing technology company
- 5+ years of BI, Data Management, and Data Mining experience with varied and complex data sets
- Experience building analysis within Process Mining and/or Execution Management Systems
- Experience in designing and implementing large scale process transformation and automation solutions using one or more of the following methodologies - Process Mining, Task Mining, Robotics Process Automation, Process Mapping
- Experience with data-centric tools and technologies around Data Lineage, Dictionaries, common data access APIs, golden source identification/master data management, ontology/taxonomy development, Data DevOps, Metadata management
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools (Celonis, Clari, Tableau, BI, Excel) with hands-on experience with SQL across different databases like Sybase, DB2, MS SQL Server
- Understanding and experience with BPMN to model As-Is and To-Be business processes
- Experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, R, SAS, etc.) a plus
- SAP, Salesforce, Apttus, Workday, Anaplan experience a plus
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing a plus
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.