Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a member of the Business Transformation Team at Splunk, you are passionate about doing the meaningful, transformative work, needed to build strategies that can be operationalized and sustained over the long term - positioning our company for continued high-growth.
As a Business Process Lead, you are a business strategist and technologist who is driven to design holistic, end-to-end business transformation solutions, curious about problems and understanding how everything works, and a passionate advocate for the evolution of Customer Success capabilities in a fast-paced SaaS company.
You enjoy working in a dynamic role on interesting and complex transformation initiatives - providing subject matter expertise on a range of process improvement and process management activities - specifically around the Adopt-to-Renew capabilities and Customer Success functions (e.g., Customer Success Management, Renewal Coordination and Management, Customer Support, Sales Engineering, Professional Services, etc.).
Your experience and expertise reflects a deep understanding of the ways SaaS companies develop Adopt-to-Renew capabilities to influence the customer success equation.
You use your experience and expertise to influence and collaborate with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders on efforts to transform the people, process, technology, and data needed to increase maturity across our Adopt-to-Renew capabilities. You are experienced analyzing large data sets to facilitate data-driven decision making as a part of this.
If you are inspired by the opportunity to build the right strategies to take our business to the next level, evolving our Customer Success capabilities and setting our customers and people up for success - then this job is for you!
What You'll be Doing:
Translate strategy into plans for transforming Customer Success capabilities.
- Understand Splunk’s operating model and commercial objectives and engage with various functional leaders to understand their long- and short-term business strategies
- Support Business Process Owners to establish capability transformation roadmaps, define transformation program goals and objectives, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Partner with Business Process Owners in process delivery and process re-engineering; anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop/implement solutions
Analyze business challenges and design solutions that deliver value across the LAER customer engagement model.
- Analyze business challenges (as-is), generate creative ideas/potential solution approaches (to-be), and help drive, design, deliver and document holistic solutions across people, process, technology, and data dimensions
- Leverage expertise in industry best practices, policies, procedures, and methodologies to establish process excellence and ensure transformation objectives are met
- Leverage a combination of strong business acumen, solid analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent facilitation techniques to lead the business into an operationally excellent end solution
- Serve as a Customer Success process expert on transformation programs, especially for teams developing solutions on our internal-facing products/systems (e.g., Salesforce, Gainsight, Aviso, Xactly, etc.).
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand, analyze, refine, prioritize, and communicate business needs to ensure that the assigned agile team fully understands the project scope, objectives, and requirements
- Develop artifacts that translate business needs into executable, user-centered requirements - clearly articulating requirements and decisions to business users, product teams, and internal stakeholders
- Work with client stakeholders, scrum masters, and product teams to maintain, prioritize, and sequence them based on business value or ROI - coming up with creative ways to test ideas and introduce value early
Work across organizations as a change agent.
- Maintain a diverse, cross-functional network and serve as a liaison for the Business Transformation team, transformation programs, and/or Customer Success business stakeholders
- Work with change management, learning and development, and communications teams to ensure business readiness for change and the adoption of new ways of working needed to realize the value of transformation programs and technology investments
- Support Business Transformation efforts to strengthen Splunk’s organizational muscle to successfully plan for and execute transformations
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Minimum of 6 years management consulting and/or industry experience in areas such as: strategy and operations, business analysis, project management, customer success management, software renewals, etc.
- Experience and expertise across Customer Success functions (e.g., Customer Success Management, Renewal Coordination and Management, Customer Support, Sales Engineering, Professional Services, etc.) - particularly in a high-growth, highly-scaled SaaS Environment - and have experienced the journey of moving from perpetual to SaaS business models
- Experience with business transformations and Customer Success capability evolution accelerated by enterprise technologies (e.g., Salesforce, Gainsight, etc.) - you identify opportunities for efficiency and productivity that are realized through technology
- Familiar with execution within agile software delivery frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, Lean) especially for the automation of business processes, improvements, or redesigns - bonus points for experience driving team cadence, running Scrum ceremonies, facilitating Backlog Refinement sessions, etc.
- You are known for: asking tough questions to understand the “why”, communicating complex principles simply, collaborating with cross-functional teams composed of diverse business and technical stakeholders, taking a solution-based approach that leverages our collective knowledge, taking personal accountability and getting the work done.
- Your super powers! Are you a consultant who built a career solving problems in these domains? Have you earned advanced certifications for relevant methodologies or technologies? We want to know how the breadth and depth of your experiences sets you apart!
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
- MBA a plus but not required (especially if you have other super powers, see above)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.