Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey
As a Business Operations Manager, you will report to our Director of Business Operations and you’ll provide systems support to multiple teams. You will help to identify operational cadence process and execute our calendar of events to ensure operational visibility.
- Problem solving and analytics: Collaborate with leaders to help recommend creative and innovative solutions. Apply business judgment to frame business issues in a compelling way. Provide focused quantitative or qualitative analytical and research support to help build a robust fact base from which to make decisions.
- Design, document, and implement score card models to manage operational performance/business productivity for the functional operations teams.
- Provide insights to the business through analysis to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness, working closely with our functional Operations, FP&A and our business flow process leaders.
- Provide recommendations on challenges to the Operations teams. Interact with internal users to establish and clarify requirements in order to understand and develop their analytics needs.
- Manage the process and cadence of operations, striving for identification of efficiency and improvement of the process.
- Learning from internal and external best practices, and working with business leaders to implement and scale them across the company
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent work experience or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 to 12 years of experience in business operations, strategic planning, consulting, analysis, investment banking, or similar data-driven business roles supporting software
- Experience with SPL/SQL, data manipulation, reporting, and quantitative analysis.
- Experience as a decision maker where you were accountable to deliver outcomes that could be easily evaluated.
- Able to break down complex business processes and metrics into independent components to provide insight into where to prioritize efforts to create greater efficiency and leverage.
- Previous experience supporting, owning, or managing a P&L.
- Holds themselves to the highest standards of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Previous experience providing recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to both lead, support and do is important. We are a small team and the Individual should be willing to go the extra mile for the internal client and his/her team.
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on issues within teams and the company at large.
- Experience in creating and maintaining reports, dashboards and data visualizations.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact/influence internal and external leadership.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.