Business Analytics Manager
As a member of the Business Transformation team at Splunk, you will help to evaluate with data our enterprise performance and business processes to determine where we have quality issues, bottlenecks and non value added activities. You will leverage data to help us measure and analyze root causes. You will then measure improvements to ensure we have established a controlled process change. By streamlining and improving these underlying business processes, we will be able to position the company for continued high growth.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about the power of data to drive critical business decisions, fluent in data manipulation, comfortable providing process improvement recommendations and working cross-functionally to support programs from inception to launch. Must be a self-starter who can take business inputs and quickly turn around data from various sources and present creative visualizations that communicate business needs and outcomes.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead advanced analytics projects to help baseline existing capabilities of our end to end business processes, measure and analyze pain points, and identify levers to improve capabilities
- Leverage analysis results to recommend and communicate improvement initiatives in partnership with the Business Transformation Program Managers and Business Process Leads
- Develop measurement systems to ensure improvement initiatives are working, allowing us to fail fast and modify where needed
- Work with large, complex data sets to solve difficult analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Develop and maintain critical dashboard solutions to provide business insights to several audiences at different levels
- Leverage dashboards to drive decision making, extract key insights, monitor/ alert significant changes and provide actionable recommendations
- Build and prototype analysis iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics
- Design and perform analyses incorporating quantitative methods, detecting outliers, and identifying data quality issues
- Communicate with senior level personnel and explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in Business Analytics or a comparable role
- Strong Excel skills (vlookup, pivots, sorting filtering)
- Strong SFDC reporting experience
- Strong Tableau dev experience (Tableau server a plus)
- Experience with Splunk, a plus
- Experience collecting and documenting stakeholder requirements
- Experience with Agile / SCrum methodology
- Experience with Lead to Cash systems (Salesforce, CPQ, NetSuite) and data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Agile mindset with an eye toward real-time data analyses that provide quick business insights in simple and business consumer-friendly formats
- Demonstrated analytical skills to problem solve effectively
- Creative, scrappy, and enthusiastic about seeking new solutions to problems and opportunistic communication skills preferred
- Expertise in statistics, probability theory, and machine learning, a plus
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Julia, MATLAB, Minitab, pandas) and database languages (e.g., Splunk, SQL, Power BI), a plus
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics or related field or substantial relevant on the job experience