Best Practices Associate
Customer Facing: Best Practice's organization partners with our sales teams and customers in structuring mutually beneficial transactions that represent both parties’ interests. (Win/Win)
Splunk Facing: As the commercial terms subject matter expert, Best Practices educates and guides our internal business partners to ensure our transactions align with our corporate objectives
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support month end by addressing challenges to assist with closing opportunities in a timely manner driving urgency to support the sale leadership
- Through way of “I Need Help” requests, and in a timely manner, support the sales teams with possible solutions or pre approved special terms to offer based on terms arising during customer negotiations
- Per guidance/supervision of Best Practices Director, support: Forecast calls and advise on deal construction based on potential gaps, or observations of missing quotes, expired quotes, or special terms
- Provide general guidance on Sales Programs as outlined on BP Landing Page to assist the Field with constructing our repeatable programs and solutions through leveraging of the BP Landing page or aligned BPD
- Propose new processes and/or solution offerings to solve issues that arise based on engagement with sales teams and Global Best Practice initiatives & Projects
- Proactively engage on BP projects drive activities and deliver on actions in a timely, operationally excellent manner
- Proactively work with RSD/APVs to enable sales motions for Theater specific requirements.
- Support Sales on Splunk Policies and Processes including but not limited to: Implied Support, iACV, ARR Growth, Order Docs, Channel Considerations, AWS Market Place, Licensing Models, Programs, Pricing
- In order to enable and support the organization, have a working understanding of the sales systems and limitations (e.g. Salesforce, CPQ, forecasting tool and Apptus),
- Per guidance/supervision of Best Practices Director, support:
- Generation of Order Documents (Custom contract based on approved commercial terms), Order Tables, Payment Terms, Agreement Title and if necessary, leverage approved custom language and add to Unique Terms Tracker
- The Big Bet Review Process with what accounts/transactions have qualifying criteria, scheduling and/or pulling relevant information as needed
- Two plus years of experience analyzing data (data management, data quality audit, documentation and visual presentations of results) in a fast-growing software enterprise company.
- Articulate with demonstrated ability to interface, influence, and work with a wide variety of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Salesforce.com reporting and administration.
- Managed results driven sales programs and possess project management skills
- Excellent Communication Skills, Strong Problem-Solving Skills, Detailed Oriented, & strong MS Office Skills
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a worldwide and fast paced environment (or thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment)
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Strong analytical skills; should have the ability to evaluate, analyze, and present data
- Accuracy and impeccable attention to detail
- Identifying issues and opportunities for improvement, recommending solutions, and implementing them
- Bachelor’s degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.