Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Drive significant value for the sales force and act as a Subject Matter Expert for standard policies and procedures for organizations such as product management, legal, finance and the channel.
- Work with field sales and customers to structure transactions that meet our needs and the customers’ interests
- When needed, advise our customers on Splunk’s standard policies.
- Help our customers realize the value of Splunk by assisting the field with financial modeling, ROI and value selling.
- With guidance from Best Practice Manager or Director
- Guide and advice a structure for a strategic deal that is in align with corporate direction and rules with.
- Able to read and understand legal documents and assist crafting drafts.
- Liaison between Legal, Finance and Operations to expedite decisions and track approvals for special requests.
- Presenting pricing models, including value selling tools to customers and negotiate business terms
- Be a good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Assists senior members and field sales with advising process and procedure changes for the sales organization that improve sales effectiveness.
- Manage contract workflow to accelerate the paper process internally in order to serve our customers better.
- Provide strategic guidance and influence to the field while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Travel 25% throughout the defined territory.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Comfortable speaking with customers and negotiating with procurement.
- Ability to work with various different disciplines (legal, finance, etc) as well as customers
- Experience in contract negotiation preferred but not mandatory
- 2-3 years Salesforce.com experience in operational capacity
- Familiarity with Apttus and FPX
- Demonstrated excellence with both salesforce.com and excel
- Proven strength in process adherence and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with management support
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and support initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Previous experience selling enterprise software a plus
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA/ graduate degree a plus