Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an immediate impact and help change the world? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home here for you at Splunk! We are looking for a gifted communicator who can build consensus and motivate sales teams and customers to succeed. You will have an innate ability to influence and provide strategic guidance to the field leadership as well as various other business units within Splunk (finance, legal etc.). Lastly you are a confident enterprising person that exhibits tact and persistence and brings dedication to the team.
You will lead contract negotiations, revenue recognition, closing, executive presentations, financial modeling, return on investment and value selling. You influence global sales teams (leaders and contributors) on ground breaking sales methodologies such as contract structure , pricing, negotiation, overall attested sales methodologies while working closely with legal, and finance.
- Drive significant value for the sales force and act as a Subject Matter Expert for corporate support organizations such as product management, legal and finance
- Demonstrate creativity and determination to drive complex opportunities and increase overall sales productivity
- Provide strategic mentorship and influence to company's sales leadership team while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with the largest most complex organisations while protecting the business globally
- Be a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of significant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
- Travel depending on home location.
- Demonstrable experience as a Best Practices Manager, or equivalent, and influencing a worldwide sales team (leaders and individuals) on contract negotiations, successful sales practices and complex selling and able to show value.
- Experience selling enterprise software is a must plus,
- Experience building and running front line entreprise software sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus; OR
- Successful direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises within enterprise software.
- Genral understanding of good financial and corporate governance in the software industry
- Successful experience and very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure software licensing transactions—going on sales calls w/sales reps, running calls.
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and leaders alike
- Extraordinary management, teamwork, social, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly growing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics).
- MBA/ graduate degree preferred but not required
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying