Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the Unified Security and Observability Platform. The world’s leading organisations trust Splunk to go from visibility to action, fast and at scale; organisations such as Porsche, Zeppelin, Puma and Bosch are turning data into doing with Splunk.
Join us as we pursue our innovative vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our solutions and seek to deliver the best experience and outcomes for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are currently looking for a driven & passionate "AWS Partner Development Manager (m/f/d)" to support our Central (DACH) region.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
- The Partner Development Manager for Amazon Web Services (AWS) will lead Splunk’s GTM strategy, engagement, and sales execution plan with Splunk’s largest global cloud alliance partner covering Strategic, Enterprise, PBST and Commercial Central region (DACH). This is a regional role.
- This hard-working professional will build, drive, and own the business action plan to scale the growth of Splunk’s business through the AWS alliance across the Central Strategic, Enterprise, PBST and Commercial Central region.
- In this role you will work as part of the EMEA Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Route-To-Market (RTM) team to expand the value of our AWS alliance through new business finding, expansion into new use-cases and buying centers, and reach into new customers to increase incremental revenue
- You will interlock across the Splunk field sales teams to drive co-selling motions with AWS and accelerate execution in the field through AWS programs
- The PDM’s territory plan will be in alignment with our team vision, mission, and goals, our global AWS all-up strategy, our sales initiatives, and AWS’s priorities for the Splunk partnership
- You will focus on the day-to-day interactions with Splunk partner development managers at AWS, and the Splunk Sales leaders and account sales teams in the region.
- Additionally, you will partner with our Global Alliances Director and key partners aligned to the AWS alliance (Global Alliance Director, Marketing, Operations, Technology Solutions) to drive sales enablement, demand generation and marketing activities and joint solutions.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Develop the GTM strategy for growing the Splunk and AWS alliance in the Central Strategic, Enterprise, PBST and Commercial Central regions and own the tactical execution of the GTM plan
- Drive AWS to build and progress qualified pipeline in AWS sourced iACV opportunities that will lead to incremental bookings for Splunk
- Orchestrate marketing events and activities to drive pipeline growth
- Run GTM sales plays and repeatable solutions/use-cases across Splunk’s buying centers, industries, and vertical markets
- Map field sales teams to their AWS peers and engage in account mapping and strategic territory planning
- Own executive mapping and alignment and establish sales leader cadences and QBRs in your territory
- Actively participate in AVP/RSD-level pipeline/forecast and extended team calls
- Accelerate deals and Splunk field sales alignment/execution through AWS programs
- Support AWS Marketplace as a transaction vehicle for customers to buy Splunk
- Work across RTM to engage & develop new partners that will help us scale (SI/MSP/VAR)
- Enable AWS on the value of Splunk to gain increased attention and focus
- Increase awareness within Splunk on the AWS alliance and partnership
- Establish engagement and communication plan - both Splunk and AWS
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management teams
- Meet and exceed incremental revenue and business planning targets
- Ability to work strategically with a strong business sense
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of partner or strategic account sales experience within enterprise software (Cloud Computing is a plus)
- Experience working with AWS is required
- 5+ recent years managing GTM relationships with strategic alliance partners (experience defining, implementing, and leading GTM activities required)
- 5+ years’ experience with direct sales (hunter/carried and exceeded quota) to large enterprises
- Able to close large multi-million dollar software transactions with CSPs and via digital marketplaces
- A strong, verifiable background in building revenue generating relationships
- Reference relationships with other CSP partners like Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Technical understanding of Cloud, IT architectures, data center operations, and security solutions
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate sophisticated concepts to cross-functional teams
- Fluent in German and English (both written & spoken)
- Self-motivated, positive, hard-working professional with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic culture
- Ability to travel domestically as required
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For sales roles starting salaries are expressed as On Target Earnings or OTE (OTE = base + on-target incentives in the form of sales commission plans).
On Target Earnings: EUR 128,000.00 - 176,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.