Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an exceptional leader to join our team as the AVP of Observability Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets and proven expertise in building and leading high performing sales organizations. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk, are you up for the challenge?
Role: AVP, Observability - Public Sector Sales
Location: Washington, DC preferred
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer, and employee value.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, be a player /coach, hands-on with the team? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- An open, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- An individual that has success hiring and developing high performing sales teams in both the federal and state, local, and education markets.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments.
- Strong influencer at (C-suite) executive level capable of addressing key business issues.
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain an all-star sales specialist team: Inspire, empower, coach, and motivate while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Train new hires on sales process & specialist products, ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- Consistently deliver revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Lead, report, and analyze the pipeline and forecast for the Public Sector Observability business.
- Represent the Splunk Observability business unit to the field and partner community. Help drive our Public Sector GTM strategy.
- Direct Observability sales & channel activities within Public Sector, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- Coach sales team to uncover customer IT/DevOps and Observability needs, develop champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of Splunk products by selling value and return on investment.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with generalist field sales teams, sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers, with dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading specialist sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company
- 10+ years of enterprise software selling experience to large enterprises.
- Highly collaborative in nature with demonstrated leadership of cross-functional team interlock with full lifecycle support.
- Proven ability to apply security and cloud expertise in building and maintaining relationships with customer CISO/SecOps/Business Security Leaders
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDPICC and Challenger methodologies is a plus
- Must have strong knowledge of the overall security landscape.
- Excellent understanding of IT/Dev Ops and Observability and cloud trends.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy, and vision
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.