Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you thrive on seeing customers happy? Do you possess the ability to recognize the infrastructure that is needed to deliver positive customer outcomes in IT Markets? If so, and you are interested in building a team responsible for exceeding customer expectations of what Splunk can do for them in high impact and specialized markets, then this role may be for you.
Our AVP, IT Markets Group Customer Success Leader works alongside the wider Customer Success team (Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Support, Education, Support, Renewals and Technical Enablement) and our IT Markets Group leaders and stakeholders. Working very closely with your segment teams, you will ensure CS strategies, offerings and services align with our customer needs and our product roadmap. You will be responsible for leading accountability and execution across the Customer Success organization and collaborating with our IT Markets Group, aligning CS to provide a complete solution to our customers. You will ensure execution across Customer Success functions and the business to align with our Corporate Strategy, CS Strategy, and IT Markets Group Strategy. In this critical role, you will ensure the Customer Success org is aligned and delivering on promises to customers, CS performance metrics, and overall success.
- As an integral part of the Customer Success leadership team, you will be accountable for the overall IT Markets Group program.
- Owns interlock, prioritization, strategy, performance and development of the IT Markets Group practice across Customer Success.
- Partner with CS and Products to identify and prioritize designing in ‘LAER aware’ features and analytics/telemetry for segmentation, visibility, and continuous improvement.
- Develop, influence and partner to execute the IT Markets Group Customer Success offering roadmap. Includes market analysis, structured voice of customer research, pricing, go to market, requirements definition and delivery readiness.
- Ensure the right CS vertical engagement model to all functions supporting the IT Markets Group.
- Work closely with Partners to craft their own complimentary offerings.
- Define processes and procedures for developing economies of scale across the business.
- Build our global business and delivery capacity around the systematic implementation of Splunk’s Portfolio.
- Lead the effort to build high impact communications and collateral to ensure scalable success.
- Work with Splunk software engineering and pre-sales teams to ensure a seamless experience for our valued customers.
- Work directly with customers in the IT delivery area across post-sales functions.
- Ensure IT Markets expertise and capability across CS (readiness), providing recommendations to leadership on resourcing, direction, and technical development to move customer success forward.
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements while focusing on business value.
- Lead a matrixed team across Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Customer Success functions to achieve the aforementioned goals.
- Provide strategic vision and roadmap for direction the IT Markets Group should be heading over the next 1-3 years, related to Customer Success functions.
- Define the path to success and influence others, in Customer Success, the IT Markets Group, and the Sales team to achieve and exceed their performance goals.
- Ensure the right CS metrics are available and create an operating rhythm and mechanisms to influence and drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the entire Splunk Corporate team to realize success relative to Customer Success.
- 12-15+ years of Pre and/or Post Sales experience selling and/or delivering IT solutions to customers globally.
- Extensive Services leadership experience, with 5+ years in a senior level role in a matrixed environment.
- Firm understanding of Customer Success business priorities and practices in Sales Engineering, Professional Services, CSM - Customer Success Management, Education/Enablement and Technical Support
- Experience with Customer Success solution development in the IT Markets, including IT Service Intelligence, advanced services and guidance relating to the ITOA space
- Comfortable leading change, developing processes, implementing procedures and working across the IT Markets Group, Customer Success and the overall GTM organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Although this role is strategic in nature, need to have the ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Experience leading technical experts and IT Practice Leaders.
- Ability to work across the Customer Success organization in a positive and effective manner to drive IT Markets Group execution.
- Deep understanding of IT Markets software solutions, log aggregation and machine data integration.
- Proven experience developing and enabling Ops Plans and achieving outcomes (right people, right goal, right numbers).
- Willing to work as part of a diverse team, taking mentorship from multiple partners to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to travel 50% globally (more during peak times)
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business or equivalent work experience preferred. MS a strong plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.