Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Role: AVP, Defense
Location: Greater Washington, DC area
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team as Area Vice President, DoD & IC Federal Sales out of our McLean office. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets and proven expertise in building and leading high performing sales organizations. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, get involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring and developing high performing DoD & IC Federal Sales teams.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments.
- Success influencing at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues.
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective.
- Directly lead the sales directors/leaders covering the DoD, Aerospace, and Intel (IC) segments and work closely with assigned technical resources and other functional teams.
- Consistently deliver software license revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Monitor the activities and performance of staff under supervision, setting expectations and providing mentorship and direction as needed; ensure that managers do the same for their staff.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Effectively manage segment by considering all accounts collectively; establish accurate account plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to achieve overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, sales process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key revenue opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Develop & lead integrated campaigns with marketing, channel, BD and customer success teams to drive pipeline growth. Monitor results and adjust strategies as needed.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Maintain market and competitor intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s competitiveness.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Use CR, analytics and reporting systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 10+ years leading federal sales teams; or equivalent experience
- Second or third line sales management experience required.
- 5+ years selling software or SaaS based solutions to the DoD and the IC community.
- Relevant software industry expertise in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, cyber security, business applications and/or analytics. Experience with cloud / SaaS solutions is a huge plus.
- Proven history of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.