Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking an AVP, Customer Success Offerings Portfolio Management & GTM for our Customer Success organization. This is a highly visible role to own the strategy, development and delivery for all of our Customer Success offerings across Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Education and Technical Support.
The role will also take responsibility for defining the GTM strategy for these offerings and building the necessary internal and external enablement, collateral, success stories and value propositions.
This is an incredible opportunity to help transform the Customer Success organization with high visibility among senior Customer Success leadership.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for end-to-end lifecycle management of the converged Customer Success offerings portfolio including Support Services, Professional Services, Operational/Adoption Services, & Education Services
- Orchestrate cross-functional activities to design offers that deliver new value in new ways for customers.
- Translate the converged offering strategy into defined Services offerings, partnering with the business operations and functional delivery teams to ensure the effective delivery of all services and provide go-to-market and sales enablement materials
- Solicit customer feedback and input and incorporate into offerings strategy & design
- Maintain & evolve the current services portfolio while meeting and exceeding operating and financial goals
- Ensure offerings meet addressable markets by analyzing industry research, competitive data and voice of the customer
- Collaborate with product management to ensure CS strategy is aligned with product roadmap and Splunk’s transformation towards a Cloud business
- Develop a cohesive value based pricing strategy and articulate financial profitability of offerings
- Define and explore revenue recognition best practices for converged offer delivery
- Ensure operation and delivery teams are capable of fulfilling orders and providing service capabilities defined in the offerings
- Develop and implement internal and external enablement programs to support the positioning of the offers in the marketplace
- Proven track record of management and leadership designing and implementing best in class practices for lifecycle management of services solutions
- Ability to lead offerings transformation and the courage to challenge status quo
- Proven marketing experience in defining and executing effective strategies encompassing product, pricing, positioning and promotion disciplines
- Adept business knowledge across all Customer Success disciplines (Professional Services, Technical Support, Education, Customer Success Management)
- Must demonstrate the ability to direct programs at the strategic level and possess the willingness to dig into the highly tactical program details. Should have experience managing diverse matrix teams and driving the development of multiple, concurrent programs of work involving cross functional groups. Must be a self-starter who can keep the team motivated and focused.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at a senior leadership level
- Must excel at decision making, consensus building and conflict management
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field
- 5+ years experience in Customer Success/Services Offerings development & GTM or other relevant product management experience
- 8-10 year’s experience in Customer Success management roles with successful and progressive track record of accomplishment, leadership and increasing responsibility
- Proven success in a highly matrix environment or role
- Experience of managing global virtual teams
- US preference for major Splunk Location
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.