Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an Area Vice President of Customer Experience to join our passionate, fun and innovative Customer Success organization and build the next generation experience for our customers!
In this role, you will lead Splunk’s mission to deliver a seamless customer experience across all stages and touchpoints in the customer journey with passion, collaboration and data. You and your team will define the right Splunk experience that will drive higher customer satisfaction, customer retention, new business growth and expansion.
You’ll work across customers, Customer Success (Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Support and Education), Product Management, Marketing and IT to achieve these outcomes. We are looking for a leader who will challenge the status quo, lead with a customer first mentality, transform processes, tools and ways of thinking and drive Customer Experience with data and operational excellence.
- Lead strategy, planning and execution of Splunk’s overall customer experience goals that makes a measurable impact on retention, annual revenue and cost to serve. This includes ensuring that every touch point across the journey is designed through a customer and outcomes focused lens.
- Design an effective interlock and collaborate with all other business functions to consistently deliver great end-to-end customer experience across stages, channels and touchpoints in the customer journey.
- Develop repeatable CX processes and measurement systems to obtain feedback on every customer interaction. Standardize reporting on impact of Customer Success activities.
- Develop and standardize playbooks and action plans for each point in the journey, refine customer segmentation, personas and associated experience strategies. Create a continuous improvement cadence whereby repeated blockers are prioritized and addressed by the owning function.
- Create and implement a voice of customer and analytics strategy for best in class experience. Use existing and additional relevant technologies for reporting and analytics across Customer Success and other customer facing functions/ channels.
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and CS functions to define and execute the optimum end-to-end product experience. Develop a process architecture and roadmap to ensure that consistent and meaningful interactions to deliver value, accelerate adoption and improve technical health are happening in the product.
- Measure and track delivery return on investment on identified transformation opportunities for customer experience along with driving continuous process improvement culture across customer experience.
- Build and manage a team of business analysts and customer experience specialists with deep domain expertise in customer experience journeys.
- Encourage problem-solving, critical thinking and customer-orientation across the Customer Success organization.
- Interact at executive/senior management level, proactively advocating for solutions and managing the end to end customer experience that leads to great customer outcomes.
What you bring:
- Strategic thinking and foresight: You anticipate market changes, forecast and track shifts in customer expectations and quickly mobilize and strategize to guide the desired customer experience evolutions.
- A passion for delighting customers and growth. You’re a pro at conducting customer research and using data driven insights to guide actions.
- You can hire, develop, train and build a high-performing customer experience team that efficiently aligns with the customer experience strategy.
- You have a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Interpersonal, networking and influencing skills: Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners and customers at every level. Influence alignment and prioritization of initiatives critical to delivering the right experience. You embrace change and have a demonstrable ability to motivate and influence across functions.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: interpreting and using data insights for constantly enhancing customer experience.
- Ability to understand business objectives and align CX accordingly: have a clear understanding of the company’s business objectives in order to strategize CX efforts such that it contributes to the achievement of the business goals.
- Working backwards to lead the end-user experience: You can visualize and then work backwards to plan, strategize and execute CX efforts to deliver great experiences.
- Data-driven approach and an aptitude for technology: Data and technology make for the foundation of today’s customer experience efforts and this marketing technology landscape itself is still evolving. The AVP CX must be adept with all the tools and technologies that help businesses deliver, manage, measure and improve customer experience.
- 10+ years of experience and proven track record of leading the implementation of transformational customer experience initiatives in a scaled B2B or B2C environment. Efforts must demonstrate material impact on retention, expansion and growth.
- 5+ years experience in customer experience journey mapping, process architecture, building VOC/Customer Experience measurement systems and executing scalable, repeatable improvements.
- Experience building and leading a Customer Success and/or Services organization managing more than $200M recurring revenue
- Experience using marketing automation, CEX tools, data science and predictive analytics to improve and scale the customer experience.
- Experience scaling during hyper growth
- Hands-on experience implementing technology products for use by external customers and Splunkers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.