Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The AVP, AMER and Public Sector Technical Support is a key member of the Customer Success team and is accountable for delivering extraordinary proactive support and leading the team through our exciting and rapid transformation to Cloud/SaaS. We are looking for an operational fanatic with strong Cloud/SaaS Support experience who is a tireless advocate for exceeding customer expectations. Success in this role requires a leader to be passionate, innovative, disruptive, open and fun – all of Splunk’s core values. The ideal candidate has very successfully run an operational organization at scale, can motivate teams and can lead and influence effortlessly across Splunk.
- Lead the Americas team of Cloud and On-Premise Support professionals delivering extraordinary service to our customers.
- Play an active role on the Support and Renewals leadership team to help define and execute strategy and set priorities.
- Develop and drive critical metrics (KPIs) that deliver the best customer experience and productivity.
- Exceed quarterly goals (i.e., response time, resolution time, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress.
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service.
- Analyze and optimize support operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- You will be responsible for the budget, driving capacity planning and identifying needs and present investments required to improve service levels and our customer's experience.
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing, policy and employee development, as well as goal setting.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and accelerate the success of the support team.
- Innovate and develop a proactive support approach and associated offerings/tools/processes that help solve customer problems before the problem impacts the customer’s business.
- Build strong relationships with Sales and work cross-functionally to position the right Support offerings to customers.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability.
- 10+ years Customer Support or related Operational leadership experience.
- 5+ years experience leading 100+ person organizations preferably in a high-growth SaaS/Cloud environment.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Business; MBA preferred.
- Understanding of and a real passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention.
- Experience implementing and driving Knowledge, Self-Service, CRM, ERP and Incident management tools for customer support processes.
- Cross-organization collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and use resources from across the company as needed.
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees.
- Analytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented person.
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphere.
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it.
- Understanding of business operations and ability to run a multi-million operating budget.
- Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and a high level of business acumen.
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.