Area Vice President, Sales, Public Sector
We are seeking an outstanding sales leader to join our team as Area Vice President, Public Sector Sales. In addition to the requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record in building and leading successful teams in a high growth environment that exceed revenue targets and associated company priorities. You will be responsible for the top-line growth and driving sales for our Public Sector segment in the UK&I.
This is a second line (manager of managers) management position, reporting into the UK&I Sales Leader. Leading upwards of three sales teams, led by a Regional Sales Director and each consisting of six-plus Regional Sales Managers. These teams are established and set for growth plus the expansion of the area with additional teams as and when required.
This role requires the balance of crafting and delivering a growth strategy for the segment with the operational execution required to hit revenue and other prioritized targets.
This is one of the top Public Sector Sales teams in the country; experience, knowledge and ideas are a must!
- You will directly manage the UK&I Public Sector Sales team and work closely with assigned technical resources, inside sales and supporting functions
- Identify, scope out and evaluate key growth opportunities and existing capabilities, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy and develop a roadmap that will achieve the objectives in the shortest period of time
- Meet and/or exceed quarter quota assignment consistently
- Effectively manage territory by considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability
- Supervise and control the activities and performance of staff under supervision, setting expectations and providing mentorship and direction as needed; ensure that managers do the same for their staff
- Maintain market and competitor intelligence and develop proactive strategies to maintain the Company’s competitiveness
- Lead the virtual team technical services, marketing, market specialization and professional services building a sense of urgency and camaraderie
- Consistently deliver high-reaching license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to our deadlines
- Leverage sales engineering as well as partner service resources
- Hire the right team to match our growth.
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Develop a team of first-line leaders and partner closely with other functional teams.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for the assigned region.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex sales strategy to ensure both short and long term goals and objectives; customer success should be at the heart of any strategy, second-line management experience required.
- Relevant Software Sales experience in any of the following IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- Public Sector experience, knowledge and network is desirable but not essential
- Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
- Ability to recruit A players, particularly those with Public Sector experience
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organisation.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; MBA a plus
- Ability to travel ~20%
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.