Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with individuals passionate about data, and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Lead strategic and tactical efforts supporting the APAC team at Splunk. Recruit, hire, lead, and develop a Sales Engineering technical team focused on sales and customer success. Work cross functionally within Splunk to promote and influence strategic product direction supporting APAC sales and customers. Work proactively with sales and the SE team to innovate and develop technical solutions supporting sales and APAC customers/use cases. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of both Splunk and APAC, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become an agent for change, and emphasize a customer service attitude.
- Deliver Sales Engineering services supporting activities needed to make quarterly sales targets;
- Proactively engage with Sales Leadership to create close alignment and develop technical tools/programs to support sales campaigns and initiatives;
- Ensure your organization develops and maintains a catalog of Sales Engineering services, with artifacts, SLA’s and KPI.
- Own the mission for both Splunk and APAC, effectively translating the goals of the organization into actionable plans/activities for you and your teams.
- Ensure that your teams are enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Motivate and lead your team strategically and tactically to meet leadership objectives;
- Work closely with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical territory and account plans;
- Jointly own customer success, leveraging best practice and focus to ensure our customers are delighted. Work cross functionally with counterparts in Professional Services, Customer Support, and Education to help ensure customer success;
- Support and deliver regular performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting team members with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels;
- Ensure your organization is managing and tracking customer facing activity in a manner consistent with the rest of the company.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with your team to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with APAC, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations;
- Provide regular communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance.
- Clearly communicate and “translate the message” to your team demonstrating Splunk’s leadership principles;
- Hold regular team meetings to provide team leadership/direction as well as allow input on issues affecting the team’s effectiveness;
- Work cross functionally to develop global programs and enablement supporting the broader Technical Services community.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas;
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance;
- Experience in effectively leading, motivating and inspiring experienced, geographically dispersed teams across the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) Region
- 10+ years in a similar Sales Engineering (Presales) Leadership capacity selling to large enterprise customers within region
- Significant experience and success building and running pre/post-sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company;
- Seamless engagement with the “C” suite with a proven track record of driving value based, large, enterprise software or cloud licensing deals;
- Excellent management, interpersonal, and communication skills – written and oral – with a proven ability to convey complex ideas;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment;
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate;
- Growth Mindset
- Change Agility
- Working knowledge of machine data logging, analytics techniques, processes, tools, and markets (e.g. ITOA or security);
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.