Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team as Area Vice President, Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record in building and leading high performing teams that exceed revenue targets and associated company priorities. Your role will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading, and developing successful teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key partners at our customers and inside of Splunk
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Develop a team of first line leaders and partner closely with other functional teams.
- Lead by example, set expectations, and follow through effectively.
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Consistently deliver against targets – ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for assigned region.
- Effectively manage region by considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to achieve overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will bring together key opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Maintain market intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s leadership position.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team demonstrates and deploys resources expertly and for the highest impact. Collaborating with sales engineering, channels/alliances, customer success, renewals professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a flawless customer experience.
- 10+ years’ experience building and running enterprise sales teams; second line management experience required.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience is mandatory.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- Ability to travel ~50%
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.