We are seeking an exceptional business leader to join our team as Area Vice President, Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a proven track record in building and leading high performing teams, developing and executing a Canadian market strategy that delivers sustainable hyper growth, and a culture that is admired and attracts top talent. Your role will play will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and the how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading, and developing high performing teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Splunk
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Manage a team of first line leaders and partner closely with other functional teams.
- Lead by example, set expectations, and follow through effectively.
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Consistently deliver against targets – ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for assigned region.
- Effectively develop, design, build, and execute all aspects of the Country business plan to predictably and consistently generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective of overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key opportunities in target markets throughout the Country.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Maintain market intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s leadership position.
- 15+ years’ experience building and running front line sales teams; third line management experience preferred.
- Sales experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and data / analytics.
- Expertise in team selling with customer success, pre-sales, renewals, partners, and services.
- Ability to create and communicate business value through data, networking, app dev, and analytics technology.
- Drives adoption and lifetime value by aligning solutions to high priority customer initiatives, adoption, value realization, and ultimately high customer satisfaction
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- Ability to travel ~50%