Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team as Area Vice President, Commercial Sales out of our London or Reading office. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets and expertise in building and leading high performing inside and field sales organizations. You will play a vital role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, encouraging and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading and developing successful teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key partners at our customers and inside of Splunk
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision-makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Building and leading high-performance matrix and overlay teams
- Directly lead the sales leaders for the commercial segment and work closely with assigned technical resources and other functional teams.
- Monitor the activities and performance of staff under supervision, setting expectations and providing mentorship and direction as needed; ensure that managers do the same for their staff.
- Consistently deliver software license revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Effectively lead territory by considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to achieve overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, sales process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will gain key revenue opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Develop and execute targeted velocity and account-based demand generation motions to support field sales motions around velocity and account-based motions.
- Collaborate with the field sales organizations to define and run the inside sales structure to drive account expansion and acquisition.
- Define and manage key KPIs for demand generation and inside sales motions and work to drive the required Plan of Record (PoR) targets.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Maintain market and competitor intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s competitiveness.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Define programs and KPIs for early career professionals enabling Splunk to recruit and progress new talent.
- Use CRM (Salesforce) and contact management (Outreach) systems extensively.
- Extensive experience building and running front line sales teams; second-line management experience required.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Experience in building and optimizing demand generation motions, processes and KPIs to meet Plan of Record pipeline requirements.
- Leadership to drive collaboration with field sales to define required inside sales structures, processes and KPIs.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and presenting progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanour. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- Ability to travel ~30%
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.