Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to bring data to every question, every decision and every action. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our mission, love our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
We are looking for a leader who is truly passionate about data and thrives on helping others understand its power and impact. Do you love being challenged, working in the fast-paced technology sector and learning from extraordinary people? This is an excellent opportunity to design and lead Splunk’s security market analyst program and take it to the next level. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have experience in scaling a global analyst relations program, and bring experience in the enterprise software and Software-as-a-Service industry.
If you are an enterprise security enthusiast with deep insight into the market and the drive to position the next generation of Splunk’s world-class products with the analyst community, then we want to meet you! This role reports to the Sr. Director, Analyst Relations.
- Lead the Security AR program -- Core markets include Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration Automation Response (SOAR), User & Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA.)
- Build and nurture high value, high impact analyst relationships across key analyst firms to rapidly scale the AR program. Drive proactive analyst engagement on key product launches, customer wins, go to market updates and major industry moments.
- Develop and deliver Splunk’s analyst-facing narratives. Connect the dots between Splunk’s corporate vision and strategy, position the value of Splunk’s Data-to-Everything Platform, and showcase the market-leading capabilities of our security portfolio
- Plan, develop, and execute high touch 1:1 analyst engagements, inquiries, event 1:1s and strategy days.
- Develop a scaled AR program for the broader analyst community beyond Gartner through new 1:many programs
- Put Splunk in an equal to better position in key analyst reports. Maintain and improve analyst likelihood to recommend Splunk to customers. Measure the results of the analyst relations program with tangible critical metrics.
- Analyze the most critical points of influence in the market and right size these insights for the audience. Oversee analyst research agenda, coverage, their opinion on Splunk and on the market. Support sales by crafting sales enablement materials and incorporating sales and customer feedback into the analyst relations program
- Engage and educate key executive partners on the value of AR to business and have clear points of view on the program goals, milestones and support required from this critical group
- Collaborate with the wider global marketing team on lead generation and analyst advocacy programs
- Focus on customer advocacy and infuse voice-of-the-customer into analyst engagements
- Solid industry analyst, influencer relationships and placements to prove it.
- 12+ years work experience in the B2B enterprise software industry, security industry experience preferred. Must have direct Analyst Relations experience with relevant functional experience such as Product Marketing, Consulting, or Market Intelligence. Marketing Strategy within the technology industry is a benefit.
- Bachelor of arts or science degrees in communications, marketing, history, economics, engineering or business combined with unified communications industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal, communication, messaging and positioning, and project management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, executive presence; including a proven track record to develop and maintain internal and external executive relationships
- Spokesperson capabilities with knowledge of company strategies, value prop, ability to manage objections and drive positive perceptions
- Knowledge of major analyst online resources (Gartner, Forrester, IDC, etc.)
- Comfortable with technology concepts, go-to-market strategies of cloud companies and general knowledge of enterprise IT buyers and the buying cycle
- An eye for simplifying complex topics and technologies to their essence, and the curiosity and desire to discover market forming information and insights. Experience collaborating across multiple internal teams, geographies and working with remote colleagues and key partners
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to deliver results. Strong work ethic and setting the bar high for AR results along the planning to execution spectrum
- Experience planning and successfully executing events
- Travel is required about 30% for analyst conferences and meetings (under normal circumstances)
- San Francisco, San Jose are preferred office locations. Flexible on location for the right candidate.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.