At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Do to our expansive growth, we are seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Public Sector Alliance Sales Manager. The focus of the role is drive Systems Integrators’ (SI’s) adoption/incorporation of Splunk technologies & services into their SLED (State Local and Higher Education) Program initiatives. (Sell Thru/with) The successful candidate will have a track record of building and managing relationships with SI’s and driving adoption of enterprise IT software solutions in new and existing SLED programs, as well as enterprise architectures for repeatable GTM.
Location: The ideal candidate is preferably located in NY, CA or TX.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Build and maintain relationships with SI Accounts – Understand the SI business model and sales cycle; build relationships with the business development, technical, and program teams within your assigned SI’s
- Push awareness in the SI community – elevate Splunk’s strategic status with your SI partners, drive executive, capture, and technology relationships, push go-to-market solutions that will allow SI’s to discriminate in the public sector market and influence end-user requirements.
- Assist with SLED program sales strategies – engage and coordinate with Splunk sales, BD & capture management teams to identify relevant SI’s, develop program specific value propositions and bid strategies
- Drive adoption of Splunk technology & services during the program capture phase – execute program specific call plans; push program focused value propositions; arrange demos and deep dives; negotiate positions on SI teams; ensure SI’s are getting proposal & tech support; help SI’s win w/ Splunk.
- Drive adoption of Splunk technology & services in existing programs – Understand the key existing programs held by your assigned SI’s. Develop relationships with SI program leadership; show how Splunk solutions can help the SI’s contain costs, meet requirements, schedules, and service level agreements, and/or expand the contract scope.
- Drive & manage execution of program specific NDA’s and teaming agreements
- Manage a SI specific pipeline report that is regularly communicated and reported on
- Drive Splunk Software as a technology standard within SI architecture
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years direct & channel experience selling enterprise software in the SLED Market
- Understands major SLED initiatives and SI programs that could drive significant revenue for Splunk, has contacts at key SI’s and IT ecosystem partners
- Extensive experience & demonstrated success working with major SI’s in a sales & business development capacity on program capture and delivering revenue on IT infrastructure programs
- Demonstrated success in establishing NDA’s & teaming agreements with SI’s
- Demonstrated success in winning multi-million dollar large SLED programs
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Executive presence, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, successful working across organizations and structuring new approaches to pursue and close opportunities
- Entrepreneurial –strong work ethic, creative, resourceful, “get it done” attitude
- A consistent over achievement of sales goals.
- Ability to travel 25-40%+
Education: I have that!
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred
- US Citizenship required