Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
The Splunk Global Partner Marketing team is looking for an Alliance Marketing all-star to support a growing partner marketing team.
Key to success in this global role is an ability to hit the ground running, consistently working with teams across the company to help plan, prepare and execute marketing programs, campaigns, events, and communications to, with, through and for our partners. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, flexible, and possesses the skills required to manage multiple tasks at one time. You're a highly effective communicator with an eye for detail while thriving in a fast paced environment that relies on teamwork. Successful candidates will also be comfortable with changing priorities, responsibilities and diving deep into analysis of metrics for data driven decisions.
- Lead and Do: lead marketing efforts directly supporting multiple key strategic alliances. You will help create and support the marketing strategy for various partners working with the Global Strategic Alliance Marketing Lead, to reach marketing goals aligned to the business objectives and targets of the Global Strategic Alliances organization. You will be an important point of contact for the Alliances sales team globally
- Relationships: develop and maintain relationships with key partners, alliance directors and internal stakeholders to help further the relationship and joint marketing opportunities
- Execute multi-channel, multi-partner programs: work with various internal groups and partner teams to build integrated marketing plans. This fast-paced, high-growth environment will require you to prioritize effectively, and balance a sizeable workload while not losing site of tactical execution requirements
- Nurture: work with marketing and sales teams both internally and at the partner to document, optimize and report on lead nurture efforts
- Outcomes and Reporting: set, track and report progress around KPIs and ROI metrics, including regular read outs on the performance of partner marketing programs. Conduct quarterly marketing reviews (QMRs) with key alliance executives (internal and partner) to review success/progress, identify gaps and maintain executive alignment and support
- Communication: work with the partner communications and internal field enablement teams to communicate to partners, sales and other internal company audiences. Dynamic and engaging content, presentations and conversations are a requirement.
- Global: build plans and programs with global scale in mind. You will regularly partner with the global teams and key stakeholders in AMER, APAC & EMEA
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop annual and six-month comprehensive marketing plans and incorporate specific geography plans into the overall strategic partner marketing plan for specific alliance partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally with corporate & product marketing, partner programs and operations, vertical and industry marketing, finance, product management, marketing operations, PR/AR, industry events, sales enablement, business/corporate development and sales to guide the execution of alliance marketing and awareness programs globally
- To-Partner communications. Working closely with Global Partner Communications to create and deliver targeted communications to our Splunk Partner+ ecosystem, as well as internal communications to sales and marketing teams
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience with alliance and/or partner marketing and communications experience a requirement.
- Demonstrable experience and expertise working with organizations such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and other Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Systems Integrators (SIs)
- Good communication (written and verbal), reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment to drive outcomes based plans, programs and execution
- Understanding of a broad range of marketing activities, disciplines, and tactics, including field marketing, digital marketing, and industry events
- Demonstrated revenue impact of partnerships and programs
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can build and launch programs and communications within budget and effectively manage multiple timelines
- Ability to travel
- Must be a U.S. citizen, working visa, or green card holder
- 4 year bachelor's degree in marketing or similar
- Post graduate work and/or degree preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.