Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
Splunk’s Web Technology team is a dynamic, best-in-class, talented set of individuals who partner with other digital marketing functions to execute, define and govern digital marketing strategies, so they can realize the most value from AEM implementation. As a Sr AEM Developer, you will be responsible for implementing new solutions and advocate Web Development solutions for the Digital Marketing team to meet Splunk’s Marketing goals. The ideal candidate should have relevant and extensive experience focused on technical delivery and have an excellent executive presence. You will work with internal Marketing, IT, and Product Engineering teams to build and sustain Web sites/applications. You are highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high-quality work. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role reports to Director, Web Technology.
- Build system and application architectures to achieve defined digital experience and business need using AEM, other state-of-the-art technologies, and integration patterns.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle including analyzing, design, program, testing, deployment, and support/sustenance of web-based applications/properties.
- Advocate and implement the latest Digital Marketing Solutions and Strategies.
- Work in agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment
- Mentor existing/new team members with delivery processes, project-based findings, and support.
- B.S. or M.S. preferably in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience with Strong CS foundation.
- 8+ years of experience in architecting and developing websites/applications using AEM Sites, Assets, Java & Web Marketing functions with expertise in related technologies.
- AEM Backend Development like Sling Servlets, Java libraries, OSGi Components, etc.
- Experience in Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web framework, and Apache Felix OSGi framework, DAM, Workflows is required.
- Touch UI, Sightly (HTL), Sling Models, and familiarity with SOLR/Lucene
- Experience in developing microservices Spring boot, RESTful Web Services, and Web API is a plus.
- Assist in achieving strategic objectives through technology solution implementation, taking a technical lead role in some circumstances.
- Code Quality, Static code Analysis & Security tools like SONAR, Jtest, etc.
- Familiarity with AEM as a Cloud Service, CDN i.e Akamai or Amazon CloudFront
- Experience developing multi-tiered applications in a microservices architecture.
- Migrating content to AEM from other CMS systems
- Understanding & experience with Microsoft Amazon AWS cloud architecture & services
- Ability to intake business vision, translate to technical solution & design requirements
- Software design patterns
- Experience working with PMs, BA/PO’s, Tech Lead/Architects & UI Developers to plan out an end-to-end solution
- Adobe AEM certifications beneficial but not required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.