Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a "Customer Success Sales Operations Leader" who will be responsible for leading our global Adoption Sales Operations within Splunk's Customer Success Sales organization. In this Critical Leadership role, you will help drive the productivity and efficiency of the Adoption Services Sales organization. This role is expected to have outstanding strategic & analytical and problem-solving skills and is able to synthesize high volumes of information and data to support a rapidly changing organization. The role brings a strategic demeanor that is critical to establishing GTM strategy, Sales segmentation, product alignment, sales process, and KPI/scorecard framework all with the goal of exceeding short and long term financial goals. S/he will support the execution of multiple strategic cross-functional projects that are crafted to increase bookings, productivity, and overall efficiency in meeting corporate objectives. Additionally, the strategic leader will help build compensation plans and frameworks that attract new talent to a growing team and encourages over achievement of financial targets.
- Coordination of sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts
- Partner with leaders across Splunk to create business strategies and build business cases for potential investments (e.g., GTM plans for customer success offers in different countries or verticals). Present insights and recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the “follow-through” of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
- Partner with Global Field Enablement to ensure that licensing sales plays have relevant adoption services defined and included as part of rollout.
- Partner with Global Sales Strategy and Operations to effectively design sales performance incentives and other sales compensation requirements and execution.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of our business and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify growth opportunities. Develop key insights for executive-level presentations and drive critical business decisions
- Proactively finds opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritizes opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- 5+ years of experience in a senior sales strategy & operations role. Prior experience with a fast-growth enterprise software company with a professional services or customer success function highly preferred.
- Willing to travel as needed (~30%).
- Possesses business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Gathers and uses data strategically to build improvements and persuade others.
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches. Able to see the big-picture while also being hands-on and in the details.
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious passion. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support the growth of the business.
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management.
- Sets goals and drives to fulfillment. Takes responsibility for actions and for outcomes.
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide practical business insights from complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Location: Bay Area, California
- CRM domain expertise: SF.com skill set preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.