Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you crazy organized and love attention to detail and making sure Sales Leaders stay on top of their game? Do you thrive in a fast-growing environment? Then we have a home for you at Splunk! As an Administrative Assistant at Splunk you will be responsible for supporting multiple VP of Sales, Americas and Field Sales Leaders across the U.S. You have a lot of initiative, and the ability to learn quickly. You should expect to manage internal and external relationships, work with senior executives, external customers, partners, investors, board members and possess superb communication skills. Oh, and a great sense of humor too! This is an ideal position for a talented, career AA who works well under pressure, is a self-starter, is passionate about delivering strategic value and wants to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, collaborative environment.
- Calendar management - coordinate all meetings including but not limited to team meetings, offsite meetings, customer, partner, investor, media and analyst meetings across global time zones.
- Own and help manage the rhythm of the business in close partnership with the Sales GVP’s and sales teams within the Americas, including agenda management, notes, logistics, and follow-ups.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences and special events (onsite & offsite)
- Expense reporting and purchasing.
- Extensive experience in scheduling complicated domestic travel.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Acts as a liaison for assigned executives relaying and exchanging information with others including: Senior leaders, customers and clients, and other organizations or constituents.
- Providing backup support for other AAs
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the capacity of an Administrative Assistant supporting multiple remote executives while reporting to a VP level executive.
- You are an incredibly bright, high-energy individual, with a passion to learn and contribute.
- Deep experience performing administrative work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgment. Detail oriented and customer service focused.
- Flawless execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
- Comfortable with frequent access to confidential information and ability to exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Strong relationship management skills, build a personal network throughout the company.
- Ability to prioritize long task lists and meet deadlines with little direction in an often highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- Flexibility to travel as needed (up to 20%).
- This is not a 9-to-5 position due to the travel schedule of this executive. Flexibility to support during out of office hours is required.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow organizational policies, practices, and operations.
- Ability to work well across the organization with employees of all levels and in all departments.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and calendaring skills (Gmail, Gcal, G Suite experience a plus).
- Experience supporting a Sales organization highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to commute daily into our Splunk office in San Francisco or San Jose. We are only able to consider local candidates.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the relevant location.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.