Do you want to join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone? Are you passionate about technology products and seek to deliver the best experience for customers? At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each others' success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a talented administrative assistant to partner with the Office of the CEO to support the day-to-day operations of the department. The role is based in our Santana Row (San Jose) Office, with a moderate commute to our San Francisco Office.
Are you crazy organized and love attention to detail and making sure leaders stay on top of their game? Do you thrive in a fast-growing environment? Then we have a home for you at Splunk! As an Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for supporting the Office of the CEO. You have a lot of initiative and the ability to learn quickly. You should expect to coordinate their internal and external relationships, work with senior executives, and help handle logistics and scheduling for the team. You should possess superb communication skills and a great sense of humor, too! This is an ideal position for a talented, early-career AA who works well under pressure, is a self-starter, and wants to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, collaborative environment.
- Assist in calendar management - coordinate meetings, including but not limited to team meetings, travel, and internal discussions.
- Help run the rhythm of the business in close partnership with the CEO’s support team (Chief of Staff, Communications Director, and Executive Admin) including notes, logistics, and follow-ups.
- Conserve executive’s time by drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, coordinating meetings, and greeting guests.
- Expense reporting and purchasing.
- Extensive experience in scheduling complicated domestic and international travel.
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Take direction from the CEO’s support team and provide backup support for other AAs.
- You have 1+ years of work experience in the capacity of an AA supporting and/or reporting to an executive (preferred).
- We will consider relevant experience working in hospitality, events, or other customer service oriented industries.
- You are an incredibly bright, high-energy individual, with a passion to learn and contribute.
- Ability to work flexible hours; this is not a 9-5 job.
- Deep experience performing administrative work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgment. Detail oriented and customer service focused.
- Flawless execution of administrative activities.
- Comfortable with frequent access to confidential information and ability to exercise utmost discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Strong relationship management skills, build a personal network throughout the company.
- Ability to prioritize long task lists and meet deadlines with little direction in an often highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow organizational policies, practices, and operations.
- Ability to work well across the organization with employees of all levels and in all departments.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and calendaring skills (Gmail, Gcal, G Suite experience a plus).
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- You will be mirroring the activities of the Office of the CEO and therefore splitting time between Splunk’s San Francisco and San Jose offices.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.