Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to senior members of the Legal & Global Affairs (LGA) department and the day-to-day operations of a global department. The role is based in San Francisco or San Jose.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
You demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and resourcefulness, and maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability. You enjoy multi-tasking and operating multi-functionally and are flexible and willing to work through day-to-day manual tasks. You have an extremely high attention to detail and willingness to learn. You possess established organizational skills and impeccable recordkeeping and record retention skills. You communicate (written and oral) with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas. You maintain a keen appreciation for the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work and a sense of humor. You live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Supporting LGA Leadership team with:
- Calendaring, setting up critical meetings and teleconferences, including the coordination of complex and multiple participant executive and board members across global time zones
- Coordinating complex domestic and international travel logistics and preparing detailed itineraries
- Submitting and tracking expense reimbursements
- Conserving time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting, editing and proofing letters and documents, including PowerPoint; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunication
- Planning, organizing and executing on special projects including events, off-sites, budgets and preparations for leadership team meetings
- Acting as a liaison for assigned senior leaders relaying and exchanging information with others including but not limited to: executives, senior leaders, board members and clients, and other organizations or constituents.
- Managing POs/legal vendor and contractor onboarding
- Executing new employee and contractor onboarding logistics
- Creating department updates on the intranet for intra-department and inter-department sites
- Organizing department events including catered lunches, department trainings and team outings and offsites and administering logistics
- Maintaining third-party resource subscriptions
- Providing additional support to SVP, Chief Legal Officer, Global Affairs, as needed
- Obtaining physical and electronic signatures (printing, tabbing, scanning, filing) and processing signed agreements
- Managing facilities/IT troubleshooting and submitting service tickets for remediation
- Organizing department professional development training program; including coordinating Knowledge Shares and live and web-based CLE and web-based trainings, arranging internal and external presenters and tracking attendance
- Managing attorney continuing legal education (CLE) requirements and legal professional bar memberships
- Performing other general office administrative duties to support the day-to-day efficient operation of the department
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 full years of law firm or in-house experience as an administrative assistant
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Experience working in-house at a technology/SaaS company strongly preferred
- Familiarity with PC and Mac O/S
- Strong word processing and PowerPoint skills with expertise in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign required
- Tech savvy with experience with SAP (Ariba/Concur), SimpleLegal, ServiceNow, and Egencia preferred
- Notary strongly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.