Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a big picture thinker with International and Domestic Accounts Payable experience? Are you passionate about customer service and comfortable handling time critical issues? This role reports to the Accounts Payable Manger and requires frequent interaction with senior management, employees, and other interested third parties. Additionally, this role provides monthly AP reconciliations and various other reporting.
- Receive, code, and forward invoices to the team for processing and answering question promptly as needed.
- Review and approve invoices for errors to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Responsible for managing inquiries which involves communicating requirements with management, vendors and business owners to ensure accuracy. Ability to assess and quickly escalate crucial issues to management.
- Assist with urgent requests by supplying information quickly, efficiently and accurately in an organized manner while identifying the root cause and addressing issues as needed.
- Assist with end to end ad hoc payment request process and at times follow up with check signers to ensure completion.
- Review rejected bills daily and correct in a timely manner.
- Ensure recurring bills are processed timely and follow up when needed.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and journal entries as needed.
- Review the Invoices Pending Approval Report weekly to ensure business owners approve old bills timely.
- Prepare, distribute, and/or mail check payments as needed.
- Reconcile credit card payments and prepare associated journal entries.
- Quarterly assistance with metrics and KPI reporting requirements.
- Prepare quarterly cashflow analysis as needed.
- Assist with quarter-end and year-end duties as needed.
- Process incoming mail which includes scanning and sending the soft copy to the AP inbox.
- Lead the 1099 preparation and filing process; managing the 1099 vendor to ensure timely filing.
- Assist with maintenance of AP related accounting policies, including documentation of internal control procedures.
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional teams such as but not limited to Accounting, Tax, Procurement, FP&A, and the BPO.
- 3+ years of AP Accounting experience.
- Experience with NetSuite, SAP or equivalent.
- Good aptitude working with systems, process improvements and automation.
- High energy and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Customer service attitude with a willingness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment.
- Perform tasks independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to follow through to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business/Economics or the equivalent meaningful work experience.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.