Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
We are currently seeking a highly effective Accounting Manager - APAC with passion and a proven track record for success in organizational planning, financial process re-engineering, innovation through technology, and operational transformation. This role requires strong business acumen, and the ability to apply that business knowledge and know-how into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered. As a Manager, expectations are high with regards to possessing outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills. This role will focus on optimizing our APAC accounting operations and there will be project initiatives that require a global view and a clear understanding of how to best collaborate with our Corporate Accounting counter-parts to lead to optimal solutions. You will lead the monthly close process for APAC, ensuring accurate and timely financial statements, while having responsibility for a diverse range of accounting, finance, and compliance duties.
- Lead APAC month-end close and consolidation process, including reviewing of journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing and reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis.
- Lead the filing of the statutory financial statements with international regulatory/government bodies and coordination with our external service providers to fulfill local statutory reporting requirements, including local tax filings.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business partners to obtain required financial reporting information and develop improvements to the financial reporting process.
- You will have an understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the maintenance of one or more accounting systems. SAP experience is preferred.
- You will work effectively in a high growth environment – comfortable in both individual contributor roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending on what is required by the business at the time.
- You will promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters.
- You will plan and design business processes and objectives and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in the team organization, business systems and activities.
- You will develop and mentor accounting staff to build their professional career and maximize potential
- You will partner with cross-functional team members (Legal, HR, Tax, FP&A, IT) to support the Record-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay and Hire-to-Retire processes in the APAC region.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly close process for APAC locations and ensure compliance with both US GAAP and IFRS for local/statutory reporting and timely reporting for a wide variety of external and internal users including corporate management.
- Coordinate with external auditors for international subsidiary statutory audits and US audit.
- Assist in 404 SOX compliance for in-scope APAC locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CA considered a plus
- 5 to 7 years minimum of Finance/Accounting experience with a track record of strong relationship development and leadership skills
- Experience with international operations including consolidation and foreign currency matters
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and APAC Statutory Reporting and compliance requirements
- Enterprise systems experience required; SAP experience preferred