Splunk is looking for a highly-motivated Accounting Manager to manage its cash, treasury and fixed asset functions within its Corporate Accounting team. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Accounting, this role is highly cross-functional with access to and collaboration with Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Facilities, IT and Biz Apps teams, and is responsible for developing and maintaining an effective cash and fixed asset processing, reconciliation, reporting and analysis process. This position requires a strong understanding of accounting principles as well as the business process end to end.
- Oversee all aspects of our global cash accounting and reporting including but not limited to cash application, cash disbursement, cash flow forecasting, funding to our international subsidiaries and bank relationship management
- Manage our hedging program which involves understanding related risks and exposures derived from our international operations, design and implement objective and strategies to minimize the risks and exposures and design analysis to measure the effectiveness our hedging strategies
- Responsible for our global banking structure and drive improvements that will enable us to grow in a flexible and cost-effective manner
- Manage and supervise all aspects of fixed asset accounting and reporting including but not limited to partnering with operational groups within the company to ensure proper accounting of fixed assets, reviewing asset sub-ledger vs. general ledger reconciliations and performing fixed asset analyses
- Design and document internal controls, processes, policies and procedures and ensure SOX compliance
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with contemplated business transactions
- Drive process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies within the group
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility
- Prepare accounting schedules and analysis routinely, and as requested, for internal and external reporting and audit requirements
- Managing a senior accountant, a cash accountant and offshore accounting team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years relevant work experience is required (mix of accounting firm and industry experience at a technology company preferred)
- CPA is required
- Experience with scaling and automation of processes
- Experience with cash management and fixed asset is preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting and reporting and SOX
- Prior management or supervisory experience
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel
- NetSuite experience is preferred or experience with other global financial systems
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits, and we take pride in the diverse and innovative culture that sets us apart as a company.
Splunk is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!