Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
This position will be responsible for maintaining the cash management process including working closely with Accounts Receivable, Order Management and Sales teams to ensure the accurate application and clearing customer payments (checks, lockbox, credit cards, ACH/EFT and wire transfers). Additionally, this role will be responsible for recording other cash transactions accurately in our financial system and reconciling global cash accounts, record supporting information for all journal entries, enter all journal entries into the accounting software. This position will prepare and run certain periodic reports to assist other organizations for internal reporting and analysis.
- Manage multiple payment streams (lockbox, credit cards, checks, wires, etc.) to ensure that all payments are posted correctly daily
- Research to ensure that payments and cash transactions are posted to the correct customer account, invoice, and GL accounts
- Work with AR, Order Management and Sales teams to resolve any exception found in cash application
- Prepare journal entries with proper documentation cash related transactions and other financial activities
- Perform reconciliations and analyze various cash accounts within deadlines
- Support month-end and quarter-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility
- Assist members of the Accounting team on internal & external financial reporting, audit requests, general support and other ad hoc projects as necessary
- Identify, research, investigate, and problem-solve GL account and/or internal control issues
- Involve with the implementation of Company’s cash matching system and analyze any discrepancies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of meaningful experience in cash applications, cash and fixed asset management
- NetSuite experience is helpful or experience with other global financial ERP systems
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Great teammate, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners
- Deep understanding and use of Microsoft Excel
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.