Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking to hire an experienced Account Manager to join the team focussing on the South African market. Splunk is doing extraordinarily well with enterprise data management software solutions that companies want to buy. So here is an excellent opportunity to be part of that success, and we increase your career development and earning potential!
- You are passionate and you will consistently deliver daring license sales, support and service revenue targets – have the dedication and dedication to the sales targets and deadlines
- Strong reputation of exceeding sales quota (you are in the top 10%-20% on your sales team/organization)
- You will focus on Mid Tier Enterprise Account penetration in the region, conduct effective account planning and opportunity management
- You are able to negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment
- You will be working with partners and alliances in South Africa for maximum effectiveness
- You will work closely with the sales engineering and in-house teams at Splunk, as well as partner services resources
- You will utilise the Splunk sales methodology and processes effectively
- Work closely with both international and domestic colleagues at Splunk to expand deal size and value to the customers
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing data
- Enterprise Software selling knowledge and experience to mid-tier enterprises in the region.
- Successful in finding and uncovering opportunities with net new and existing accounts, via creative prospecting tactics and hunting activities.
- You demonstrate the ability to grow and scale upwards with the company; we develop you- first line management experience a plus
- You have a strong charismatic executive presence and you are well presented
- You can make important forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- You possess outstanding management, social, written and presentation skills
- You thrive in a fast-growing, dynamic and fun work environment and you are comfortable being 'disruptive'
- You are also comfortable and have the ability to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate offices
- You have very relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Being able to articulate this through previous use cases
- You use CRM systems (such as Salesforce) extensively
- You demonstrate a good track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.