Accessibility Test Engineer (P3)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with a diverse group of people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. Making our products accessible to our diverse customers is critically important. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, and having fun.
As an Accessibility Test Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that our products and new features are accessible and easy to use. This includes reviewing UX designs and testing new functions and features to ensure that accessibility options are in place to provide the availability of the features to all of our diverse audiences.
About the Role
As an Accessibility Test Engineer, you will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, script, and execute tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality under the compliance of Section 508. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have a strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation, processes, and accessibility compliance.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen, and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible for their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Collaborate with design, product management, and developers to make sure we provide a consistent quality user experience that is accessible to and inclusive of everyone.
- Research and develop automation tools used to improve accessibility test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks with different accessibility compliance scanners.
- Breadth and depth. Work on incorporating accessibility to industry-leading software and services.
- Knowledge of the ADA, WCAG, Section 508, and WCAG v2.1 is a must. Preferrably to have knowledge of Non-US standards as well, i.e.: JIS X 8341-3, EU Mandate M 376, CHRA, i2020 framework, etc.
- Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) experience. Experience writing VPAT or Accessibility Conformance Reports (ACR) for Information & Communications Technology (ICT) vendors is a must.
- Mastery in using assistive technologies, like screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, ChromeVox, Spoken Web, or magnifier tool like ChromeVis
- Proven knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, MacOS and the specific A11y tools that work on those systems
- Experienced working on enterprise applications
- Preferably experience in with py.test or similar testing frameworks.
- Mature and patient with conflict resolution internally and externally.
- Effective communicator.
- Experienced in dealing with support groups, sustaining groups, and directly with customers.
- Passion for providing accessibility to all software.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.