Academic Alliances Program Manager
Splunk is seeking a driven, hardworking, passionate and experienced "Academic Alliances Program Manager" who has done this job already! This will be a strategic role in defining and developing an innovative industry-academic partnership to prepare university faculty and develop future-ready graduates to thrive in the Data Age through a Global university education program.
In this role you will be held responsible for identifying and building out strategic partnerships with Schools, Colleges/Universities, Learning Organizations, and Professional Associations to help drive the growing speed of Splunk skills and knowledge within student and faculty communities by building and scaling an innovative and highly impactful program to meet the growing demand of Big Data skills across the industry.
The role requires a highly motivated and creative self-starter who can think big, build positive relationships, execute magnificently, and stay focused on the details. Your job will be to help build out the next generation of Data Scientists, Developers, Data Admins, and Data Analysts as the demand for those jobs is encouraged to grow exponentially in the next decade!
Key role responsibilities:
- Define and build an innovative global Academic Alliances company program.
- Develop the supporting operating model for academic institutions that join the program.
- Deliver presentations on Splunk capabilities to the higher education audiences and at academic conferences.
- Work with higher education institutions, faculty, and support personnel to establish a comprehensive library of interactive, authoritatively developed, self-paced, and live courses, including live, hands-on lab learning environments.
- Develop enabling programs for educators that include access to ongoing training materials and support.
- Supervise all aspects of the Academic program’s marketing strategy, communications, demand generation, enrollment, support, and continuous management of the alliance program.
- Develop an operating plan.
- Define and measure all goals and metrics for the program.
- Be the face of Splunk in establishing a multi-faceted and positive relationship with university faculty.
- Own stretch targets to significantly increase reach, scale, and growth of the program.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 10+ years handling higher education academic programs for technical domains or SaaS domain related.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with deans and faculty for top Computer Science, Information Systems, Decision Sciences, and Engineering programs, as well as partners and internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS), content management systems, lab delivery systems, and related platforms and systems needed to support course delivery.
- Experience working with MOOCs or innovative 3rd party platforms.
- Experience defining content strategy for programs including instructor-led and digital delivery modalities.
- Ability to build connections to faculty, administrators, or professionals in higher education.
- Strong eye for business with evidence of prioritization, conducting strategic discussions with the faculty and dean members to communicate the business value of the Splunk curriculum.
- Experience negotiating contracts with universities.
- Experience launching a large-scale academic program and growing it year-over-year.
- Able to proactively identify risks and remove obstacles to keep the program on track.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects to successful results.
- Strong presentation, written, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to efficiently communicate core organizational value propositions as well as be conversant in a variety of topics directly related to higher education.