Join us as we pursue our vision of building a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
2023 Summer Internship - Business Development Intern - London/Reading (Undergraduate)
Are you an undergraduate student interested in building a career in sales? Are you seeking to learn from an established, successful team in the software/IT industry? Splunk, one of the world’s most innovative companies in Big Data, is experiencing high growth and seeking a Sales Development Intern to join its fast-growing UK-based sales team.
Splunk Business Development Interns will learn Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications. You will work with the team to help identify and set appointments with prospective new customers, actively participate in various aspects of the sales process, at the direction of your manager and the sales team, and learn to become a Splunk advocate who can clearly articulate Splunk’s value to customers and partners. You will answer basic questions from prospects/customers in an accurate and expedient manner, and help to escalate issues or questions that need further attention to your sales team and/or Splunk technical support and will learn to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows.
What your day to day responsibilities look like:
As an Intern you will learn our groundbreaking technology, features, solutions & applications, and help identify new prospective customers to help the team with sales qualification.
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Qualify and develop inbound leads and create business pre-opportunities
- Building intelligence and fostering client relationships through personalised contact, understanding of client’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Generate pipeline for the sales organisation through marketing programs and coordinate meetings with Regional Sales Reps
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
- You will become proficient in pitching the value of Splunk and being able to provide examples of specific use cases where Splunk has been implemented.
- You will answer questions at a high level from prospects/customers in an accurate and expedient manner and help to advance issues or questions that need further attention to your sales team and/or Splunk technical support.
- You will build craft business profiles to display your ability to turn data and facts into valuable business insights and tell a story.
- You will get hands-on experience calling on Splunk prospects and customers to gauge interest and qualify BANT criteria.
- Work closely both with sales and marketing to provide better insight into the success of the marketing activities that are being run at the same time as generate new pipeline
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- A real passion for sales and groundbreaking technology, and you are involved in various leadership roles in your University's programs and associations. In addition, you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational, analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and take coaching.
- You know how to work both smart and hard.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Previous experience in a sales or marketing role is a plus.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a set of outstandingly passionate and dedicated peers in an industry leading organisation that thrives through disruption and diversity
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship in a company which is invested in your success.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment
How you should apply:
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- Once your application has been received, we will conduct an initial review of your resume. Status updates will be provided throughout the process.
- If selected you will be taken through a three stage interview process where if you are successful you will be offered a position with us.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Pursuing a BS degree program in business, technology, communications, or related fields
- Must be an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023- June 2024
- Available to work full time (40 hours a week) for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2023.
- Are business proficient in English. Proficiency in additional European languages is highly desirable.