Are you trying to build ES Adaptive Response actions or alert actions and need some help? Are you trying to validate your add-on to see if it is ready to submit for certification? Are you grappling with your add-on setup page and building credential encryptions? If you are, check out Splunk Add-on Builder 2.0.
Below is a brief overview of what’s new in Add-on Builder 2.0:
- You can now leverage the easy-to-use, step-by-step workflow in Add-on Builder to create alert actions and ES adaptive response actions. No need to deal with .conf files and Python, let the tool do the work for you.
- The validation process has been enhanced to include App Certification readiness. This validation process can also be performed on apps and add-ons that were created outside of Add-on Builder.
- New enhanced user experience and step-by-step flow for building data collections. Let the tool automatically generate the Python code for you.
- Enhanced out-of-box experience for building the setup page for add-ons with proxy support and multi-account support, as well as credentials encryption using the storage password endpoint.
- New helper function libraries to make your life easier when building data collections and alert actions.
Click here for a walkthrough example of how to build ES adaptive response action. Please give Add-on Builder 2.0 a try and let us know your feedback. Happy Splunking and happy data on-boarding!