The Developer track is even more exciting at .conf19 this year, having grown to 20 great breakout sessions! This year we’re covering Splunk Enterprise app development as well as developing for Splunk Developer Cloud (SDC). I’ll cover the SDC track in another blog post soon, so if you’re looking for some great Splunk Enterprise development sessions to add to your schedule, read on!
- DEV1173 - Python 3 Compatibility Dive: Don't Let Strings Byte You in the Apps – We’re migrating to Python 3 and so should you! Come hear which parts of your apps and scripts will have to be Python 3 compatible so you can run your code in future versions of Splunk Enterprise!
- DEV1293 - Check-In SPL Rehab! How the SPL Debug Tool was built – As a developer, you can’t live without your debugger. But there is no SPL debug mode—except now in the SPL Rehab tool on Splunkbase. Come hear about this great tool AND how it was built and how you can apply some of the same techniques yourself. This is two great sessions in one!
- DEV1114 - Vagrant and Splunk Development: Building Splunk Apps for any Environment – Need to test your app in production-like environments? Learn how you can use Vagrant to replicate any Splunk architecture, including complicated clustering and networking configs!
- DEV1270 - ‘Git’ Splunk App Management with Visual Studio Code – Looking for a great tool to help you manage your apps remotely and easily edit your remote Splunk configuration files directly from your laptop of desktop? And if you make a mistake, easily undo it? Come to this hands-on session and learn to manage and edit your files with Visual Studio Code.
- DEV1299 - DevSplunkOps: Building a DevOps add-on LIVE! – In this hands-on session you will build an add-on from scratch in less than 20 minutes from start to finish including how to publish the app to Splunkbase so others can use it, too.
- DEV1308 - A Timely Development: I Built a Splunk App To Save Security Analysts Time - And So Can You! – Learn how Splunk makes it easy and realistic for you to bring your own ideas to life in a full-featured Splunk app with an interface that looks like it was created by a talented designer. Plus, hear about the pain-points encountered and how to avoid the mistakes made along the way!
- DEV1667 - Converting a Traditional Splunk App to a Splunk Cloud App with Splunk Developer Cloud – As a lead in to the next blog about Splunk Developer Cloud sessions, learn in this session how to convert a traditional Splunk app into a cloud-native app that uses the Splunk Developer Cloud APIs and services.
There’s a lot for the Splunk Enterprise app developer at .conf19—all of the great sessions above plus others, and the opportunity to speak with the folks creating the SDKs, services, APIs, docs, and support for these enabling technologies, and other developers just like you. Come to .conf19 in Las Vegas this October and be a part of the developer community there!
Follow all the conversations coming out of #splunkconf19!